Erlang Library Overview Articles?

Bill Robertson

Feb 26, 2011, 2:26:42 PM2/26/11
to erlangcamp
Does anybody know of any good overview articles? What I'm talking
about would be a nice high level description of generally what each
area of the library is about, also might include information about
what might be obsolete.

Suggestions appreciated.

Jordan Wilberding

Feb 26, 2011, 2:35:52 PM2/26/11
to erlan...@googlegroups.com, Bill Robertson
I am not exactly sure what you are looking for, but if you want to know about each library, just goto http://erlang.org/doc/apps/stdlib/index.html and pick one, then read the overview at the top of the doc.

Thanks!
Jordan Wilberding

Bill Robertson

Feb 26, 2011, 11:47:55 PM2/26/11
to erlangcamp
Thanks Jordan,

I guess I'm looking for something that is a bit more condensed and
hits the basics. If somebody had never programmed in Java and they
went here: http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ they might
feel a little overwhelmed.

Come to think of it, I think there's a bit of an overview of the
libraries in the Joe Armstrong book. I guess you could say I'm
looking for the Cliff's notes version of the most commonly used
parts.

How have you been since Erlang Camp?

-Bill