What happened to ErlDocs?

Kai Janson (kotedo)

Nov 23, 2010, 11:26:28 AM11/23/10
to erlangcamp
Guys,

I was trying to lookup some functions and parameters and all I got was
… nothing.

Anyone?
—Kai

Eric Merritt

Nov 23, 2010, 11:28:37 AM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
What, happened to ErlDocs where. The erldocs.org website? generated erldocs? We need a bit more context to help.

Jordan Wilberding

Nov 23, 2010, 11:29:04 AM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
Crazy, http://erlapi.prepor.ru/docs/ appears to be down, too!

Could always run a local version of it: https://github.com/prepor/erlapi/tree

JW

Jordan Wilberding

Nov 23, 2010, 11:29:32 AM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I think he meant the site http://erldocs.com/

JW

Kai Janson (kotedo)

Nov 23, 2010, 11:31:44 AM11/23/10
to erlangcamp
Oh yes. Bad me. I meant the website …

On Nov 23, 10:29 am, Jordan Wilberding <jwilberd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I think he meant the sitehttp://erldocs.com/
>
> JW

Kai Janson (kotedo)

Nov 23, 2010, 2:13:05 PM11/23/10
to erlangcamp
Ah, cool. **whew** it's back up and running! :)

On Nov 23, 10:29 am, Jordan Wilberding <jwilberd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I think he meant the sitehttp://erldocs.com/
>
> JW

ll...@paisite.com

Nov 23, 2010, 7:38:15 PM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm hoping to launch a Zotonic website soon. Any suggestions regarding security beyond the ususal restriction of ports and update of patches?

Would you recommend?

- filewall?
- front-end proxy such as Apache or Nginx?

Anything else?

I'm not a network wizard, so welcome any input.

Many thanks,

LRP

ll...@paisite.com

Nov 23, 2010, 7:39:51 PM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How can I change my Erlang Camp list e-mail address from ll...@paisite.com to ll...@writersglen.com?

Thanks,

LRP

Martin Logan

Nov 23, 2010, 8:29:00 PM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
Just subscribe again through google groups with the new address and delete your old one.
--
Martin Logan
Erlang & OTP in Action (Manning) http://manning.com/logan

Martin Logan

Nov 23, 2010, 8:31:22 PM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
 Your site will only listen on a single port - 80 - so unless you are blocking things like script tags and so on a firewall will not help you. What do you anticipate using the proxy to do?

bill robertson

Nov 23, 2010, 9:28:17 PM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
If you're going to live life on the on the edge and deploy an web site that runs on Erlang, why would you want to put Apache in front of it?

Tristan Sloughter

Nov 23, 2010, 9:34:28 PM11/23/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
If you need a reverse proxy go with Nginx. I'm using it at work in front of an Erlang website. But if you are just running Zotonic on a server and opening 80 from that there is no need for a proxy in front of it. So it depends on your needs.

Tristan

ll...@writersglen.com

Nov 24, 2010, 2:04:30 PM11/24/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tristan,

Thanks for your response.

What are the benefits of running a reverse proxy in front of an Erlang website?

I note that the Zotonic docs seem to recommend Varnish or Nginx. Is for performance, security, or both?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Tristan Sloughter

Nov 24, 2010, 2:08:31 PM11/24/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com
A reverse proxy is used for security and a few other things http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_proxy.

Using Varnish or Nginx over apache is for performance reasons. And its just easier to configure :)

Tristan

ll...@writersglen.com

Nov 24, 2010, 2:31:02 PM11/24/10
to erlan...@googlegroups.com