*[Enwl-eng] URGENT: Save the United States Postal Service!

ENWLine

Aug 22, 2020, 7:16:20 PM8/22/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Trump and his corrupt Postmaster General are trying to steal the election, and killing people in the process! Sign if you want to save the USPS!

Sign Now

Vladimir,

Things just keep going from bad to worse for the United States Postal Service (USPS). After Trump appointed his lackey and huge corporate donor, Louis DeJoy, as Postmaster General, we knew it was a bad sign. But no one could have anticipated just how disruptive and nefarious DeJoy's actions would be. Under his leadership, postal workers were prohibited from using their overtime to fulfill their many duties and were told to "leave mail behind" instead of working extra hours — mail that includes lifesaving medication, and other vital necessities that people have no other way to get in the middle of a pandemic.

We've also seen mass removal of blue mailboxes all over the country, and automated mail sorting machines are rapidly being "decommissioned," bringing the efficacy of the USPS to a grinding halt. The election is looming ever closer, and will involve an unprecendented amount of mail-in ballots thanks to Trump's shameful response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is voter suppresion, plain and simple. We cannot let this administration get away with stealing another election. Trump and DeJoy claim that these changes have been implemented to supposedly "cut costs," but the government should have provided financial aid to the USPS long ago. Sign the petition and demand that Trump bails out the USPS and puts a stop to these despotic changes!

Thank you,

Lauren W.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Trump is intentionally dismantling the USPS before the presidential election, and with it, our democracy. Sign the petiton today.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com