*[Enwl-eng] It’s now official!

1 view

ENWLine

Mar 19, 2021, 7:39:05 PM3/19/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Hi,

The Global Just Recovery Gathering is just around the corner!

Almost 10,000 people across the globe have pre-registered for the 3-day online gathering that will bring people together to build the future we want.

Today, we are opening registration for everyone, and are inviting you to register so we can save you a spot.

The Global Just Recovery Gathering is an incredible moment when climate activists all over the world will come together to learn, share, and chart a path ahead. It is an amazing opportunity to build a Just recovery from the pandemic that tackles the climate crisis directly. And you can be part of it.

Here’s 2020 Goldman Environmental Prize winner Chibeze Ezekiel from Ghana, one of the Gathering speakers, explaining a bit about his work with the youth towards a Just Recovery:

The line-up of speakers includes inspiring people like Chibeze and many other powerful voices: Vandana Shiva, Naomi Klein, Greta Thunberg, Amitav Ghosh and many more will all be bringing powerful discussions and sharing justice-centered stories.

And if you are wondering how we are going to cover timezones with participants coming from all corners of the globe, Vladimir, here’s how: we’ve designed the programme in a way that anyone can attend any sessions they choose. You can join a 6-hour ‘cycle’ for each of the three days to match your timezone and be totally immersed. Or you can participate in individual workshops — it’s up to you! (Make sure you check the full schedule here).

Moments when thousands of people from all over the planet get together to shape our future are rare, and the Global Just Recovery Gathering is going to be one of them. Join us today.

In solidarity,

Monica and the entire 350.org team

350.org is building a global climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 5:38 PM
Subject: It’s now official!