*[Enwl-eng] [cenn] “Earth is Our Home” - Second National Soil Olympics for School Children in Georgia

ENWLine

Apr 22, 2017, 7:43:05 PM4/22/17
to "ENWL-uni"
“Earth is Our Home”

Second National Soil Olympics for School Children in Georgia

In March 2017 the Mikheil Sabashvili Institute of Soil Science,
Agrochemistry and Melioration of the Agricultural University of Georgia, the
Georgian Society of Soil Scientists and the Georgian Association of
Professional Chemists organized the second national Soil Olympics for school
children with the topic: “Earth is our home” in Tbilisi. The goal of the
Olympics was capacity building and raising interest in natural sciences, and
soil science in particular.

The Olympics were held in two steps:

In the first step, 132 pupils from all over the country participated in the
competition:  Samegrelo, Imereti, Kakheti, Guria, Kartli, Adjara and several
schools of the capital of Tbilisi. 47 pupils were selected for the second
round.

The second step of the Olympics was held at the Agricultural University of
Georgia on 25 March 2017, where 42 pupils from 18 schools took part. The
questions were on soil types of Georgia, soil degradation processes and
soils first described in Georgia.

For more information, please see the attached file.

T +995 32 275 19 03/04
F +995 32 275 19 05
 <mailto:in...@cenn.org> in...@cenn.org
 <http://www.cenn.org/> www.cenn.org