*[Enwl] [can-eecca] Глобальная мобилизация 2020

1 view

ENWLine

Aug 17, 2018, 6:19:12 PM8/17/18
to "ENWL-uni"

Коллеги, я узнала об этих планах только в июне, но наверняка кто-то из вас уже что-то об этом слышали. Вот Climate Justice Action собирает всех желающих на планирование в ноябре. Если кратко - в 2019 многие движения выберут одно самое большое их событие\акцию и т.д. и посвятят ее вот этой мобилизации 2020. То есть, например, мы планируем флешмоб и его месседж будет связан с темой "2020". Кто занимается низовым активизмом и сможет приехать 9-11 ноября в Чехию на планирование?

By 2020 we rise up!

You are warmly invited to join our campaign and to attend our second meeting in the Czech Republic, 9-11 November, to plan a common uprising for climate justice and system change escalating to 2020 and beyond.

It's up to us to turn the tide!

At meetings in Amsterdam and Vienna, people from various European grassroots groups agreed on the following plan:

After joint campaign-launch in early 2019, countless groups organize decentralized actions that fit their regional context and are at the same time connected to the 2020 campaign. The diversity of actions throughout the whole year becomes a call for a common uprising in2020.

In 2020, Europe will see a wave of coordinated mass actions: People block pipelines, harbours, airports, coal-mines, agro-industry, banks,arms factories and borders, standing up for climate justice and system change. The actions of a multitude of organizations and movements clearly belong to one campaign, amounting to a massive non-violent uprising against an economic model that has many losers and that destroys the very natural foundations life on Earth depends on.

The perspective of the mass actions fosters and strengthens new alliances. Local groups are inspired because they share a bigger context and the goal of escalating to 2020. The mass actions gain momentum throughout the year of decentralized actions. The expectation that something big will happen spreads widely.....

Around the actions, people will gather in community halls and reclaim squares to hold assemblies and to discuss what climate justice and system change can look like in practice.

How can you contribute?

  • Discuss with your group if you want to join the campaign. If you want to endorse our 2020 campaign, you are welcome to:

- Sign our call (below)

- Send us a photograph and a short paragraph about your group and your struggle for the website map.

- In turn, we are happy if you spread and link our page.

  • Organize a discussion about the campaign at an activist event you attend!

  • And of course: Come to the meeting and create our common logo and a slogan that we will use as an umbrella for a shared choreography for climate justice and system change.

  • Consider if you can host a mass action in 2020 and let us know!

  • If you cannot come to this meeting but still want to be part of the the campaign - get in touch! by20...@riseup.net

Context:

The 2020 sessions will take place as part of a general Climate Justice Action Network Meeting. There will be open spaces for other issues that needs to be discussed within the network.

Who we are:

We are an open group of European grassroot activists who met at the CJA meeting in Amsterdam (January 2018) and at the climate camp in Vienna (June 2018). We feel the need to scale up our actions in response to accelerating climate change and global injustice. For that, it appears important that our actions are expressed as complementary elements in a common long-term escalation strategy – consisting of ongoing, inter-connected, increasingly inclusive, massive and radical campaigns.

Practicalities:

The meeting will probably take place in Ostrava, Czech Republic.

More information about place & time will follow.

Contact:

by20...@riseup.net

The call:

Turning the tide

Streaming together towards 2020

Let's join for a long-term escalation of action for climate justice and system change !

The Climate crisis is already upon us. The 1.5 degree target is a matter of life and death for millions of people. Meeting it requires that industrialised States be on a reduction pathway by 2020Instead, States are still encouraging the extraction and use of fossil fuels. And this is only one of the challenges we face.

For change to happen, our actions must scale up massively, and be seen as a common struggle.

Let's connect our diverse local struggles – against mines or pipelines, against plastic production or agro-industry, against banks and borders. We are not fighting single issues – together we are fighting the countless destructions threatening the environmentthediscriminations and inequalities produced by the capitalist system.

Let's join for a huge mobilization for climate justice and system change, culminating in a massive uprising in 2020.

At the same time we are laying the foundations of a new society based on caring for each other and the planet. We are creating resilient networks in which we can grow and produce, share and care.

Here are some ideas on how it could all look like:

Now: Getting started

Planning our local struggles with strategies to escalate and broaden over time, maybe starting small, but with ambitious goals – imagining already how they can grow, involve new allies and more radical forms over time. Longer term local strategies will facilitate the on-going efforts to coordinate our struggles - be it through skill sharing, decentralized mobilizations or mass convergences.

2019: Gaining momentum

Where already possible, mass actions inspire and train our ability to mobilize large numbers. Conferences, camps and gatherings outline our vision for a livable future beyond profit.

2020: Uprising

For 2020 – and the battles beyond - we mobilize huge numbers of people against diverse targets all over Europe for mass actions of civil disobedience. Non-violently but all the more determined, we rise up for global climate justice.

Both resisting and building, we are weaving together the threads of our struggles to show the big picture of how we want to live together – by 2020 and beyond.

The 2020 campaign is an invitation to develop a long term perspective and seek convergences. We don‘t know yet what will happen exactly… but we know we want to be together; we have to be together...

System Change not Climate Change

202...@riseup.net

people from various European climate justice groups

--

Olha Boiko,
Climate Action Network