*[Enwl] Fw: [can-eecca] В Гренландии спутники впервые зафиксировали крупный пожар

ENWLine

Aug 11, 2017, 12:42:56 PM8/11/17
to "ENWL-uni"
информация пошла  в массы:

В Гренландии спутники впервые зафиксировали крупный пожар
https://frontnews.eu/news/ru/10090

08.08.2017 19:21, Tatiana Shauro пишет:
Какой кошмар...

Спасибо большое Костя за информацию!

Татьяна

Greenpeace Russia experts detected a tundra wildfire in Greenland. Local authorities say nobody has "seen anything like this in recent time". The burning area is estimated to be 12.5 square km.

The fire has been blazing for 7 days, just 150 km away from the Arctic Circle and 50 km away from Greenland's ice sheet – something that has not been detected since 2000 when satellite monitoring data became available.

Anton Beneslavskiy, from Greenpeace Russia: “As our climate is changing we see wildfires where they never happened before, or with higher intensity. This trend is going to get worse as wildfires themselves drive climate change with CO2 and black carbon emissions creating a positive feedback loop. This is a sign we are entering a new era, where a new, environmental approach to wildfires is needed”.

Smoke and burned area seen from space. Sentinel-2 imagery from 3 August. Prepared by Greenpeace Global Mapping Hub.

Можете расшарить этот пост в группе Save The Arctic

Спутниковые снимки прикрепил к письму.

--
Следите за нашими новостями:

Konstantin Fomin  press officer – Greenpeace Russia
Network Development and Outreach Department
Regional Campaigns Communications Officer EECCA
(Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia)
Climate Action Network-International (CAN)
Skype: samaparodia
tsh...@climatenetwork.org
https://www.facebook.com/tatiana.shauro.3
www.climatenetwork.org