Envoy 1.12.0 released

Alyssa (Rzeszutek) Wilk

Oct 31, 2019, 8:54:39 PM10/31/19
to envoy-a...@googlegroups.com, envoy-dev, Envoy-maintainers, Envoy Users
Hey folks,

At long last, we have tagged and released Envoy 1.12.0!
Release: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/releases/tag/v1.12.0
Docker images will be pushed within the hour: https://hub.docker.com/u/envoyproxy/
Docs: https://www.envoyproxy.io/docs/envoy/v1.12.0/
Release notes: https://www.envoyproxy.io/docs/envoy/v1.12.0/intro/version_history

Some stats since the last release:
envoy: 684 commits from 135 contributors
(If you are into cool contributor stats check out https://envoy.devstats.cncf.io/)

As always a giant, thank you to all of our wonderful users, contributors, and maintainers who are helping to make Envoy such a tremendous success.

Thanks,
Alyssa, on behalf of the Envoy maintainer team

Lizan Zhou

Nov 9, 2019, 7:46:10 PM11/9/19
to envoy-a...@googlegroups.com, envoy-dev, Envoy-maintainers, Envoy Users, cncf-envoy-distr...@lists.cncf.io
Hello Envoy Community,

The Envoy maintainers would like to announce the availability of Envoy v1.12.1.
This addresses the following CVE(s) considered a 0-day vulnerability:

CVE-2019-18836 (CVSS score 7.5): Listener Filter Timeout DoS.

Upgrading to v1.12.1 is encouraged to fix these issues. Note that Envoy versions < v1.12.0 is not affected by this vulnerability.

GitHub tag: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/releases/tag/v1.12.1

Am I vulnerable?

Run `envoy --version` and if it indicates a base version of v1.12.0 you are running a vulnerable version.

How do I mitigate the vulnerability?

Set continue_on_listener_filters_timeout to false. (which is the default)

Thank you

Thank you to Yuchen Dai for discovering and reporting CVE-2019-18836.

Thanks,
Lizan (on behalf of the Envoy maintainers)