MSN drag and drop photo sharing

PhantomTurtle

May 21, 2012, 3:35:21 PM5/21/12
to eme...@googlegroups.com
Is this possible, like on the Windows Live Messenger Client. In WLM I can just drag a photo in and then me and the person I'm talking to can both see the picture. Additionally the person I am talking to doesn't have to download the picture, they can just view it in their chat window and save it if they wish to do so. So is it possible? (if you don't know what it looks like, here is a video that shows that feature - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8MOPrKHFS0.

Rafael Gomes Dantas

May 21, 2012, 4:19:18 PM5/21/12
to eme...@googlegroups.com
I think it's possible but it would need lots of work, especially on the file transfer. Also, i think it's the worst feature of WLM, one of the reasons i'm thinking about using emesene on windows.

If someone ever implement this feature, i hope he makes it optional.

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM, PhantomTurtle <pasindug...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Is this possible, like on the Windows Live Messenger Client. In WLM I can just drag a photo in and then me and the person I'm talking to can both see the picture. Additionally the person I am talking to doesn't have to download the picture, they can just view it in their chat window and save it if they wish to do so. So is it possible? (if you don't know what it looks like, here is a video that shows that feature - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8MOPrKHFS0.

PhantomTurtle

May 21, 2012, 5:53:46 PM5/21/12
to eme...@googlegroups.com
Any particular reason you don't like it? I think its pretty convenient, but that could just be me.

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM, PhantomTurtle wrote:
Is this possible, like on the Windows Live Messenger Client. In WLM I can just drag a photo in and then me and the person I'm talking to can both see the picture. Additionally the person I am talking to doesn't have to download the picture, they can just view it in their chat window and save it if they wish to do so. So is it possible? (if you don't know what it looks like, here is a video that shows that feature - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8MOPrKHFS0.

Ivan Perazzo

May 21, 2012, 6:09:00 PM5/21/12
to emesene
I find this a really good feature... I hope they implement this... and
like Rafael said, they should make it optional.

On 21 mayo, 18:53, PhantomTurtle <pasindugunasek...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> >> emesene+u...@googlegroups.com.

Rafael Gomes Dantas

May 21, 2012, 7:23:34 PM5/21/12
to eme...@googlegroups.com

Everytime you send any link, it grows the window size and changes its position. Every youtube link the window explodes and asks you to install flash plauer for IE.

I'd like that feature if it asked you politely before exploding everything, even for links i dont want to see...

PhantomTurtle

May 22, 2012, 4:05:27 PM5/22/12
to eme...@googlegroups.com
Well that part I don't like, but I don't mind either. However I do understand why you wouldn't want that. Hopefully an add-on or plugin will be created to this can be done for users who want it. I would use WLM instead because it has that feature but I am on Linux and emesene is one of the best clients for Windows Live on Linux.

wrote:
> Any particular reason you don't like it? I think its pretty convenient, but
> that could just be me.
>

> On Monday, 21 May 2012 16:19:18 UTC-4, Rafael Dantas wrote:
>
> > I think it's possible but it would need lots of work, especially on the
> > file transfer. Also, i think it's the worst feature of WLM, one of the
> > reasons i'm thinking about using emesene on windows.
>
> > If someone ever implement this feature, i hope he makes it optional.
>
> > On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM, PhantomTurtle wrote:
>
> >> Is this possible, like on the Windows Live Messenger Client. In WLM I can
> >> just drag a photo in and then me and the person I'm talking to can both see
> >> the picture. Additionally the person I am talking to doesn't have to
> >> download the picture, they can just view it in their chat window and save
> >> it if they wish to do so. So is it possible? (if you don't know what it
> >> looks like, here is a video that shows that feature -
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8MOPrKHFS0.

Ivan Perazzo

May 23, 2012, 3:46:15 AM5/23/12
to emesene
Believe me, U wouldn't.. WLM is actually pure shit... lots of spam...
really ugly features... from WLM 8.0 > is only shit...

On 22 mayo, 17:05, PhantomTurtle <pasindugunasek...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Well that part I don't like, but I don't mind either. However I do
> understand why you wouldn't want that. Hopefully an add-on or plugin will
> be created to this can be done for users who want it. I would use WLM
> instead because it has that feature but I am on Linux and emesene is one of
> the best clients for Windows Live on Linux.
>

> On Monday, 21 May 2012 19:23:34 UTC-4, Rafael Dantas wrote:
>
> > Everytime you send any link, it grows the window size and changes its
> > position. Every youtube link the window explodes and asks you to install
> > flash plauer for IE.
>
> > I'd like that feature if it asked you politely before exploding
> > everything, even for links i dont want to see...

Riccardo (c10ud)

May 23, 2012, 4:37:53 AM5/23/12
to eme...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

unfortunately papyon (our msn library) does not provide such
functionality, and google isn't giving any explanation on how easy
would be implement it.
I'd suggest you stick with the usual file transfers when using
emesene, they should be a reasonable fallback.

greets

PhantomTurtle

May 25, 2012, 4:39:22 PM5/25/12
to eme...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for answering my question, I guess I will stick with that until it is possible for this functionality to be implemented into emesene. File transfers are fine for now, just not as convenient as the drag and drop sharing(but I'll survive).