List of Elm projects

Evan Czaplicki

Dec 5, 2013, 3:18:20 PM12/5/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
One of my KPIs for my first six months is the number of largish projects out in the world, N made by me and M made by not-me.

So I started making a list. Those are links that I was able to find easily, not a full list :)

Let me know if there are any other projects I should add! If I remember correctly, largish was defined to mean 5+ modules or 500+ lines of code (LOC) but not everything needs to be that big.

Janis Voigtländer

Dec 5, 2013, 3:26:08 PM12/5/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
My labyrinth game http://www.iai.uni-bonn.de/~jv/teaching/afp13/Maze.html is more around the 200 LOC, but would probably become bigger if I were to code-ungolf it, structuring it better as a possible teaching example etc.

2013/12/5 Evan Czaplicki <eva...@gmail.com>
One of my KPIs for my first six months is the number of largish projects out in the world, N made by me and M made by not-me.

So I started making a list. Those are links that I was able to find easily, not a full list :)

Let me know if there are any other projects I should add! If I remember correctly, largish was defined to mean 5+ modules or 500+ lines of code (LOC) but not everything needs to be that big.

Tim hobbs

Dec 5, 2013, 3:35:30 PM12/5/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
You're still mad at me aren't you? Or why didn't you include graphical-elm in the list? http://thobbs.cz/works/2013/graphical-elm/Intro.html

Joseph Collard

Dec 5, 2013, 3:41:52 PM12/5/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, tetris is surprisingly large at 667 LOC.

Evan Czaplicki

Dec 5, 2013, 4:04:07 PM12/5/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
Janis, very cool! Is the source code on github or anything?

Tim, I'm not mad at all, just looking to collect more links! Is it on github or do you have any stats about it?

Tim hobbs

Dec 5, 2013, 4:18:59 PM12/5/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
Demo: http://thobbs.cz/works/2013/graphical-elm/GraphicalElm.html

I don't really have any stats, but I think any LOC counts will be HIGHLY inflated for my code, as I tend to keep things to a 40-60 char column width ;)  It's not very long, like 1K lOC.

Tim

Janis Voigtländer

Dec 5, 2013, 5:22:59 PM12/5/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
2013/12/5 Evan Czaplicki <eva...@gmail.com>
Janis, very cool! Is the source code on github or anything?

I'll put in on GitHub after some clean-up, and probably renaming it to "labyrinth" or some such, to avoid conflict with the other "maze" game.

John Mayer

Dec 5, 2013, 7:24:12 PM12/5/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
My game celestia sits at around 1100 LOC, not including an additional 300 LOC from "libraries" that I've broken out. So either 1100 or 1400.

Carl Olsen

Dec 6, 2013, 3:41:23 PM12/6/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com, john.p....@gmail.com
Well...I have small project that I've been working on..
As I mentioned before I pretty new to elm and functional programming (though i have used Haskell during uni, but it has been long forgotten).

So don't mock me to much about it ;) its been kind of a learning experience so the code might not be as rigid or good, and it might be better ways of doing things but if anyone can use it or learn from it I'm happy to provide what i've done.
Its a plot module for creating plots as the name might be suggest ;)

Cheers

Grzegorz Balcerek

Dec 6, 2013, 7:41:50 PM12/6/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
Add my elm examples if you want:
https://github.com/grzegorzbalcerek/elm-examples
http://www.grzegorzbalcerek.net/elm/index.html
Grzegorz

W dniu 2013-12-05 21:18, Evan Czaplicki pisze:
One of my KPIs for my first six months is the number of largish projects out in the world, N made by me and M made by not-me.

So I started making a list. Those are links that I was able to find easily, not a full list :)

Let me know if there are any other projects I should add! If I remember correctly, largish was defined to mean 5+ modules or 500+ lines of code (LOC) but not everything needs to be that big.

Jeff Smits

Dec 7, 2013, 8:23:24 AM12/7/13
to elm-discuss
I looked at the different projects I shared, and found these:
Stopwatch, ~50 LoC
phybas-graviz, 6 modules, ~620 LoC (counted without license comment lines)
extreme-pong, 5 modules, ~600 LoC (also without counting license comment lines)

Evan Czaplicki

Dec 8, 2013, 4:15:40 PM12/8/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
This stuff is all really awesome! Thank you so much for helping me find more projects!

The extreme pong reminded me of the slime volleyball game from ages ago. I'll see if I can find it :)

Alex Shroyer

Dec 9, 2013, 9:37:02 PM12/9/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
Class project:

It's not as cool as the games but I used it to learn Elm.

Evan Czaplicki

Dec 9, 2013, 9:42:30 PM12/9/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
Alex, this is awesome! This is the exactly kind of site most folks from JS are looking for, so it's really great to see it in real life! One of my big goals is making this kind of project as easy as possible, so I'd be interested to hear more about what was painful and what was nice.

I'm really glad you shared this! Thank you!

Adam Washington

Dec 10, 2013, 6:21:57 PM12/10/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
I've been working on a project for putting some neutron scattering data online.  What I have so far can be seen at

http://rprospero.github.io/ElmSans/index.html

I'm trying to make a replacement for the NCNR Sans simulator (http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/resources/simulator.html), since that one requires Java.  It's not at 500 lines yet, but it'll be far more than that once I've added all the form factors and structure factors

Evan Czaplicki

Dec 10, 2013, 7:45:17 PM12/10/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
Just added it! I am really excited about this one. I think this could be a really cool story when it takes the place of the Java :) Please let me know about what happens!

Adam Washington

Dec 10, 2013, 11:59:06 PM12/10/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
In case there's any confusion, I should make it clear that I'm not affiliated with the NCNR and I don't think that my code will ever be an official replacement.  I just got frustrated that I have to keep the Java plugin on my computer for that one web site and thought my advisor would like to have the same information available on his iPad, so it's been my off and on weekend project.

Alex Shroyer

Dec 14, 2013, 3:28:58 PM12/14/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com

Janis Voigtländer

Dec 23, 2013, 6:17:49 AM12/23/13
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com

It's now, at https://github.com/jvoigtlaender/labyrinth-elm, after some refactoring. And adding configurability of speeds by the user, since my son found evading the hunters while collecting all gems too tough with the previous default speed settings. :-)