Elixir v1.3.0-rc.0 released

José Valim

May 30, 2016, 9:41:32 AM5/30/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

We are glad to announce our first release candidate for Elixir v1.3.0. This release includes the new Calendar types as well as many improvements to the toolchain. We hope it will make everyone more productive, specially when using Mix and ExUnit.

Since this is a release candidate, there is a chance your package managers won't be updated to include it. Luckily, you can use a version manager or compile from source.

To learn more about this release, read the CHANGELOG or access its docs.

We recommend everyone to take this new release for a spin and let us know how it goes. This release should be fully backwards compatible, please report any inconsistencies you find in our issues tracker.

Happy coding!

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D

Wojciech Kaczmarek

May 31, 2016, 9:00:42 AM5/31/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Wow this looks like a really cool set of changes, esp. in the area of tooling.

mix xref and mix test --stale sound great!

Now if I understand it correctly, mix xref --callers  can be used to generate ctags, right? Seems better than scanning the source which always has some heuristics involved. Does it also cover the dependencies and standard library?

cheers,
W.

Eric E.

May 31, 2016, 12:44:33 PM5/31/16
to elixir-lang-core
It should be possible to use --callers to generate ctags. Any and all remote calls are included.

Myron Marston

Jun 1, 2016, 12:54:48 PM6/1/16
to elixir-lang-core, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
The new 1.3 features look really great!  Any idea when 1.3.0-rc.0 will be available on hex so it can be used on travis?

Eric Meadows-Jönsson

Jun 2, 2016, 11:30:57 AM6/2/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
It should be available now.

Eric Meadows-Jönsson

Myron Marston

Jun 2, 2016, 1:48:26 PM6/2/16
to elixir-lang-core
Thanks Eric!  I can confirm it's available on Travis now.

I'm running into an issue with using it on Travis, though...when my build gets to a step that does:

mix compile --warnings-as-errors --force

...it gets stuck at this prompt:

Could not find "rebar3", which is needed to build dependency :idna
I can install a local copy which is just used by Mix
Shall I install rebar3? [Yn]

...and then the build times out after 10 minutes.

I thought there was a flag to force mix to download things like rebar3 when needed so it can work in situations like this but I haven't been able to figure out what the flag is.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Myron

Eric E.

Jun 2, 2016, 1:51:29 PM6/2/16