Workaround for SCORM API not being detected using a FireFox browser launched in a new window

jmdv

Jul 14, 2009, 1:34:29 PM7/14/09
to eLearning Technology and Development
Hello,

Here is the workaround to get the SCORM API detected when using a
FireFox browser launched in a new window on a Plateau LMS (5.8 sp4):

File updated: SCORM_API_wrapper.js

Function updated: pipwerks.SCORM.API.get()

Added the following lines of code:

// ***************************
// ADDITION START
// ***************************

if (!API && win.top.opener.document) {

API = find(win.top.opener.document);

}

// ***************************
// ADDITION END
// ***************************

In our case the API was not being detected until we added the above
lines of code.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Joe

Philip Hutchison

Jul 27, 2009, 3:51:37 AM7/27/09
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
thanks for that.

i just emailed you off-list... i guess it's safe to ignore my other email now.  :)

- philip

Cor

Jul 27, 2009, 4:30:53 AM7/27/09
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Philip,

I followed the topic with interest and was curious about the outcome.

As I follow all your comments J

I am also very interested in how to overcome the browser detecting.

Regards

Cor

Philip Hutchison

Jul 27, 2009, 4:40:55 AM7/27/09
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cor

I haven't actually done any work on this, as I was busy (my wife just gave brth to our daughter last week).

Joseph appears to have found a solution that works in his case, which he pasted below. I'm not sure it's a fit for inclusion in the base code (it requires more investigation on my part), but if it has solved his problem, it may work for others.

I'm in the early stages of a re-write for the SCORM wrapper and SCORM actionscript classes and would be happy to have any feedback about what should be added or fixed.  Hmm... think I'll start a new thread on this topic so everyone can respond in one place.

- philip

Sent: maandag 27 juli 2009 9:52
To: elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com

Cor

Jul 27, 2009, 4:43:35 AM7/27/09
to elearning-technolo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Philip,

CONCRATULATION !!!!!!!!!

All fine with the misses and daughter I hope.

First kid??

You are going to be veeeeeeeery busy then.  JJ

ENJOY IT !!!

Every minute of it!

Kind regards