Clearing a search using "remove all' does not set search back to empty search criteria

Wayne Glover

Jun 8, 2015, 12:57:25 PM6/8/15
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am using Plone 4.3.3 (4308) and EEA Faceted Navigation 8.0

All functionality works as expected, with one exception

++issue with faceted navigation++

1) select search criteria

2) url changes (as expected) to include the search cirteria

3) select "remove all" note url changes to:
(Note: it does not return to the base URL.  should it?)

4) however, in the pulldown search selection critera, the selections are still there (indicationed by the (2) or wahterver

5) selecting a pulldown shows sellection now limited to "all" and whatever was selected above.

6) F5 does not fix

7) going to navigation and selecting the page with the navigation restores it to nothing selected.

8) I did a work around by creating plone portlet with a link to go back to
   the page with the search (like a forced refresh).  Works, but don't like it.

Am I missing something?

thanks
wayne glover
EAA faceted search issues.zip

Alin Voinea

Jun 9, 2015, 3:54:24 AM6/9/15
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com, doce...@gmail.com
Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your report. See bellow my comments for each point from your email:

On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 7:57:25 PM UTC+3, Wayne Glover wrote:
Hi all,

I am using Plone 4.3.3 (4308) and EEA Faceted Navigation 8.0

All functionality works as expected, with one exception

++issue with faceted navigation++

1) select search criteria

2) url changes (as expected) to include the search cirteria

3) select "remove all" note url changes to:
(Note: it does not return to the base URL.  should it?)

Yes, that's a normal behavior

4) however, in the pulldown search selection critera, the selections are still there (indicationed by the (2) or wahterver

Do you use ZCatalog for this, or a third-party indexing engine (SOLR, ElasticSearch, etc)? As something is wrong with your Indexes. I also suspect being a cache (memcache) related issue.

This query:

@@faceted_counter
b_start=0
cid=c9
version=05eaf9e921239751bf9641b56a1b8f03

Always returns the same results:

  1. ""2
  2. Aurora1
  3. Travis AFB1
  4. all2

Also, add a debug widget there and see what's the exact query sent to the server and then try that query using a Python Script. And finally if you still can't figure it out, please export the faceted configuration to XML and attach it to this email.

5) selecting a pulldown shows sellection now limited to "all" and whatever was selected above.

6) F5 does not fix

7) going to navigation and selecting the page with the navigation restores it to nothing selected.

8) I did a work around by creating plone portlet with a link to go back to
   the page with the search (like a forced refresh).  Works, but don't like it.

Am I missing something?

thanks
wayne glover

Cheers,
Alin Voinea

Wayne Glover

Jun 15, 2015, 1:42:10 PM6/15/15
to eea-facete...@googlegroups.com
thanks,   I'll check into this.  thanks for your time.