ItemNotFoundError

Trinh Nguyen

Aug 3, 2014, 11:12:00 AM8/3/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I got this error when running some tasks such as generating certificates for students:

2014-08-03 22:02:21,516 ERROR 21338 [xmodule.x_module] x_module.py:265 - Unable to load item i4x://UNS/Py_001/vertical/55e67a736ba24a7fa1ba4faf6a69a4c7, skipping
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/x_module.py", line 262, in get_children
    child = self.runtime.get_block(child_loc)
  File "/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/x_module.py", line 1041, in get_block
    return self.load_item(usage_id)
  File "/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/modulestore/mongo/base.py", line 162, in load_item
    module = self.modulestore.get_item(location)
  File "/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/modulestore/mongo/base.py", line 595, in get_item
    item = self._find_one(location)
  File "/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/modulestore/mongo/base.py", line 553, in _find_one
    raise ItemNotFoundError(location)
ItemNotFoundError: i4x://UNS/Py_001/vertical/55e67a736ba24a7fa1ba4faf6a69a4c7

As I can see It is related to the xmodule's mongodb data but I have no idea how to find that error data. Any help would be grateful!

Thank you very much!

Trinh

Chris Dodge

Aug 3, 2014, 11:18:23 AM8/3/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
I've seen this in the past where there is an enumeration over the collection of children, but one (or more) child is only 'private' and not yet published.

The message seems more alarming that it needs to be - I believe that we weren't able to distinguish between expected and unexpected 'not-found' occurrences (e.g. we didn't want to do another round-trip to the database to see if there was a private version of that piece of content). I believe some of the data re-architecture work that is currently being done will better disambiguate this, but I can't confirm this myself as I'm not working on that project.

However, are you having a problem in generating certificates or are you just seeing this in the logs and wondering if there is a problem?

Trinh Nguyen

Aug 3, 2014, 11:23:38 AM8/3/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

This is one of the errors occurred when I was running the certificates generating command. The other one is:

/edx/app/edxapp/venvs/edxapp/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/mysql/base.py:114: Warning: Column 'mode' cannot be null
  return self.cursor.execute(query, args)

I's just trying to eliminate bug by bug.

Trinh Nguyen

Aug 3, 2014, 12:08:12 PM8/3/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
I just created a coursed mode for our course in the Django's admin interface, run the certificate generating command again, and the issue seemed to solved. I'm not really sure about this because I do not enable the paid certificates feature on.