First Open edX Conference: Boston, November 19, 2014

Ned Batchelder

Jul 14, 2014, 12:12:03 PM7/14/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
To all Open edX contributors and partners:

The first ever Open edX conference sponsored by edX will take place in Boston on November 19th, 2014.  Please be sure to save the date!

While our last general edX user conference at Delft University in early June was a great success, coming out of that event, we realized the strong need for a day dedicated to the special interests of the Open edX community. EdX has officially started the planning process for this event and we need your feedback on meeting format, speakers, outcomes, and more.  Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey: http://bit.ly/1ozU7mn

Your input will go a long way in making this a fun and rewarding event.  We look forward to seeing you in November. Thank you!

-The Open edX team-

Trinh Nguyen

Jul 14, 2014, 7:25:19 PM7/14/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
This is really great, Mr Batchelder! But, I cannot attend this year conference because of my busy schedule. I would love to attend the conference next year and next next year if you try to make it an annual event.

It would be great if we have a live stream channel on Youtube or somewhere so the contributors around the world can watch, and even discuss via Google Hangout/Skype.

Ned Batchelder

Jul 14, 2014, 7:51:05 PM7/14/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
Trinh, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to be here.  We'll be looking into options for livestreaming the events.  Stay tuned! :)

--Ned.

Han Su Kim

Jul 15, 2014, 1:09:18 PM7/15/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
 I definitely agree that whatever format this conference does take, that the sessions / videos / slides should be made public if not live at least very soon after the conference for anyone to be able to consume the info.  Maybe we could make it into a content available via a course available on an Open edX instance.

Andrew Miller

Jul 15, 2014, 7:38:16 PM7/15/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
This is FANTASTIC!!!