Open edX community workshop -- Zurich June 3rd

Paul-Olivier Dehaye

May 23, 2014, 7:51:53 PM5/23/14
to edx-code

Hi everyone,

On Tuesday June 3rd, there will be a technical workshop of the open EdX community at the University of Zurich.

This meeting will include a tech talk by Sef Kloninger describing how Stanford uses Open edX.  The talk will focus on the technology and process behind our instance: servers, code management, and developing (and sharing!) features.  We will also discuss technical directions for Open edX, especially non-Amazon hosting options, and IONISx’ solutions for theming and responsive UI. We will leave lots of opportunities for participants to share experiences. A detailed schedule is available on our announcement page:

http://www.tinyurl.com/openedx-zurich

So far, we have confirmed participants from the edX, EPFL, IONISx and proversity.org, as well as the local community. Others (INRIA, Valencia) are around town for other events and we will try to meet them too.

The meeting is open to anyone. Many logistical details are still to be fixed, but the workshop will take place starting around 11am and go all the way to dinner.  Please consult http://www.tinyurl.com/openedx-zurich for latest information, and do not hesitate to email us if there is a need.

Paul-Olivier Dehaye, University of Zurich (paul-oliv...@math.uzh.ch)

Sef Kloninger, Stanford University (s...@stanford.edu)

Paco C

May 26, 2014, 3:52:57 AM5/26/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com, paul-oliv...@math.uzh.ch
Hi

it looks very  interesting

will it be this event transmitted over internet?

Paul-Olivier Dehaye

May 26, 2014, 4:05:14 AM5/26/14
to Paco C, edx-code
Hi Paco
Probably some parts will be. I have added a placeholder on the conference page. Keep an eye on there.
Paul

Paul-Olivier Dehaye
SNF Professor of Mathematics
University of Zurich
skype: lokami_lokami (preferred)
twitter: podehaye
freenode irc: pdehaye

Ned Batchelder

May 27, 2014, 2:14:14 PM5/27/14
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
As it happens, edX people won't be able to attend this get-together, though it sounds like it will be amazing! I'll join a hangout if there is one.

--Ned.

Sidd Maini

Apr 30, 2015, 7:47:48 PM4/30/15
to edx-...@googlegroups.com, paul-oliv...@math.uzh.ch
Hi Paul,

We at Indiana University are evaluating Open Edx for our own needs. As you know, we are evolving rapidly and are considering using Open Edx as a platform to host courses. Would this workshop take us through all we need for using Open Edx? How much is the cost?

Thank You,
Sidd Maini
UX Engineer
Indiana University - School of Informatics and Computing

Siddharth Maini

Apr 30, 2015, 7:50:01 PM4/30/15
to edx-...@googlegroups.com
I apologize. Missed the year part of the date.

In any case, are there any upcoming Open Edx technical workshops?

Thank You,
Sidd

Paul-Olivier Dehaye

Apr 30, 2015, 7:57:42 PM4/30/15
to Sidd Maini, edx-code
Hi Sidd,
You are a year late! There are several events in the work, but I am not familiar with events in the US. Maybe someone else will steer you towards something more relevant?
Paul

Paul-Olivier Dehaye
SNF Assistant Professor of Mathematics

Ned Batchelder

May 1, 2015, 10:19:18 AM5/1/15
to edx-...@googlegroups.com, Sidd Maini
We are working on the details of the next Open edX Conference in the fall.  We should have a time and place to announce in the next few weeks.

--Ned.