[EchoWorks] Release in progress

Alex Peshkov

Feb 8, 2012, 3:02:48 AM2/8/12
to EchoWorks EchoWorks
Hi,

We're pushing several improvements to the production servers:

Platform
------------
* Improved the cache handling process by reducing the number of slow requests for complete view regeneration (especially for queries with 'user.*' predicates). This should reduce the load on the internal cache and speed up processing of the moderation requests. (#6564).
* Changed the process of selecting a database upstream from a DB pool - if a replica of the main database is not available then all requests will be redirected to the master database and an end user will not have to wait till the replica is up (#6398).

Client Extensions Framework
* We're introducing a new client side parameter - 'itemUriPattern'. This option can be used in Echo Submit Form and Echo Reply Plugin to specify item IDs construction rules . More information can be found at: http://wiki.aboutecho.com/w/page/30181308/Echo%20Application%20-%20Echo%20Stream%20Client#Plugins.Reply, http://wiki.aboutecho.com/w/page/30184446/Echo%20Application%20-%20Echo%20Submit%20Form (#6546).

Alex Peshkov

Feb 8, 2012, 7:28:27 AM2/8/12
to EchoWorks EchoWorks
Hi,

All items have been successfully released.

Please note that the current version of the client side scripts has been changed to 2.6.9.
The previous version is available at: http://cdn.echoenabled.com/clientapps/v2.6.8/*.

The following client side scripts have been changed:

/v2/packs/full-no-jquery-pack.js
/v2/packs/full-pack.js
/v2/submit.js

Alex Peshkov

Feb 9, 2012, 3:28:04 AM2/9/12
to EchoWorks EchoWorks
Hi,

As of today Echo StreamServer has several cache systems inside for speeding up requests processing. One of those is a users cache. Echo StreamServer uses it to speed up the processing of search requests and the processing of user states changing. Right now we're migrating this cache to more fault proof platform (#6395). We don't foresee service interruption during it.

Alex Peshkov

Feb 9, 2012, 7:10:32 AM2/9/12
to EchoWorks EchoWorks
Hi,

#6395 has been successfully released.

Alex Peshkov

Feb 10, 2012, 2:13:51 AM2/10/12
to EchoWorks EchoWorks
Hi,

We continue improving the internal cache handling part of Echo StreamServer. The latest changes improve the speed of search query results updating in the internal cache (#6500). Now we're pushing these modifications to the production servers.

Alex Peshkov

Feb 10, 2012, 4:49:31 AM2/10/12
to EchoWorks EchoWorks
Hi,