Posting to Multiple Targets

Dan Check

Nov 29, 2011, 10:36:34 AM11/29/11
to echo...@googlegroups.com

Igor Lebedew

Nov 29, 2011, 3:23:16 PM11/29/11
to Dan Check, echo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

On 2011-11-29 at 19:36 Dan Check <Dan....@slate.com> wrote :
> Hi,
>

> One of our staff users seems to have posted the same comment to multiple targets. We don�t really know how he was able to achieve this, or how we would delete only one of the targets, and not the other.

This is actually a feature of Echo.

If an Item (anywhere - a tweet, a blog post etc) is submitted to Echo that
contains a link to a domain/URL for an Echo customer, then it will be placed in
the Echo database.
In this case a message is submitted to Echo via the submit form, and it links to
another URL and so the same item exists in both places for a unified
conversation.

This behavior is described at http://wiki.aboutecho.com/Item+Handling+Behaviors#TargetsandURLsprocessing

The mentioned item has two targets:
1) an explicit target, provided in the submit form (http://slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2011/11/21/before_sunrise_part_3_win_a_dvd_by_entering_this_contest.html)
2) an implicit target, formed from the item body (http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2011/11/28/before_sunrise_part_3_the_best_ideas_for_the_next_linklater_hawke_delpy_collaboration.html)

Once an item is submitted to Echo, it can be modified (or 'Transformed') by submitting an update.
More information on this process can be found on the page "Item
Transformations": http://wiki.aboutecho.com/Item+Transformations#Targets

Hope this addresses your issue, please let us know.

Thank you.
--
Sincerely yours,
Igor Lebedew,