📜 EwA Week Recap: Missing Caterpillars, Field Events, Dog Vomit Slime Mold & more...

EwA

Jun 28, 2020, 5:46:43 PM6/28/20
to earthwi...@googlegroups.com

EwA was as busy as usual this week with the publishing of EwA seasonal newsletter, our weekly fieldwork, preparing our 2020 fundraising campaign (yes it's coming and we need you), as well as training new citizen scientists.

On the citizen science front, Caterpillars Count (which we partner with for our arthropod count survey protocol and database) mentioned EwA in their newsletter this month! We're a reference site for them this year, and they've noticed that along with other partner sites, we're having a hard time finding caterpillars on our survey trees. Indeed, where are the caterpillars in 2020? [read more >]

Our biodiversity sighting of the week (on the right), a specimen of Dog vomit slime mold (Fuligo septica) from Jennifer. A reminder that there's more than bugs, birds, plants.... And BTW who came up with such a name! right? ;-) Curious about our records this week? > here - 1,051 observations total over 476 species! And I am still behind getting mine in...

Our phenology, entomology, and habitat documentation fieldwork are also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists 🧡

■ This Week's Fieldwork (& Resources)

ⓘ EwA Sites Map | June + July Monitoring Rosters

📅 EwA Coming Events

We're restarting some of our outdoors programs with audience size, mask and distance rules. The first one is our Hike & Sketch at Fresh Pond this Friday. Don't miss it, it's almost at full capacity. Check our calendar for what's to come > http://earthwiseaware.eventbrite.com/
Also on the EwA calendar this week (besides our field work): EwA's Nature Virtual Hour | Tuesdays at noon (🎟️ webinar registration» A great opportunity to gather as a community and share our nature stories and our favorite week's sightings. Don't miss it!

To all of you: Stay healthy!

ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any question❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.
Thanks and Have a Great Weekend!, - Claire
 Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.
Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/