Earthsharing Canada Economics Taking Hold

Frank de Jong

Dec 7, 2014, 2:35:44 PM12/7/14
to Earthsharing Canada Google Group
Dear Earthsharing Canada members and supporters,

Earthsharing Canada members have been very busy in 2014 writing articles, attending conferences, spreading our wonderfully subversive program. But we need your support to continue our work. Please take a few minutes to join or renew your EC membership (only $10 per year) plus please make an additional donation ($100, $1,000, $10,000) if you can.

You can use Paypal to    or mail a cheque to: Earthsharing Canada, PO Box 223, Faro, Yukon, Y0B 1K0 (Donations $1000 or over receive taxable deduction)

As Smith, Ricardo, Mill and George wrote, the best way to finance government programs is by capturing economic rent (revenue without a corresponding cost of production) instead of by dead-weight taxes on jobs, businesses and sales. Earthsharing Canada argues for the elimination of hateful taxes on jobs, business and sales and to replace them by collecting the "unearned income" that otherwise flows to desirable, finite assets like land, resources, pollution and privileged access to public infrastructure. Know as the Henry George Theorem, our program will reduce economic inequality, spur economic activity and conserve nature.

Earthsharing Canada economic program catching on:

"Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission launches today advocating a single, overriding principle: To start putting a price on pollution and stop taxing income, employment, profits and other things we actually want more of in our economy."

"Toronto Mayor, John Tory has said the city could fund its one-third of the $8-billion cost through transit-related development."

"Governments in Canada could raise billions of dollars a year by taxing carbon emissions and other forms of pollution, while cutting economically stifling taxes on labour and income."

"And then there’s the fourth and best option: Use Economics 101. Want less of something? Put a price on it. Tax it. And use the revenues on the thing we want less of – pollution – to lower taxes on things we want more of – investment, income, savings and so on."

New Book (Free) by Martin Adams: Land: A New Paradigm for a Thriving World
“If you want to truly understand the way out of our present economic challenges, read this book.” —Peter Barnes, Capitalism 3.0

--
For a just, prosperous, green planet,

Frank de Jong, President

Sue Honsl

Dec 8, 2014, 12:46:33 PM12/8/14
to earthshar...@googlegroups.com
Frank,

Thanks for this. How would we best register our support for the Eco Fiscal Committee? A formal letter signed by you? Or what? They do need to know that we support the general direction they are going in. It would be ideal if we could have input too.

Sue

Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 11:35:42 -0800
Subject: Earthsharing Canada Economics Taking Hold
From: fde...@earthsharing.ca
To: earthshar...@googlegroups.com

Sue Honsl

Dec 8, 2014, 12:58:15 PM12/8/14
to earthshar...@googlegroups.com
They do have a website with emails of several key folks and a snail mail address, so they are open to input. Yay!

http://ecofiscal.ca/contact-us/

Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 11:35:42 -0800
From: fde...@earthsharing.ca
To: earthshar...@googlegroups.com