Re: Mowat report calling for rent tax

Frank de Jong

Dec 10, 2014, 11:47:13 PM12/10/14
to Earthsharing Canada Google Group
This from Erich today...   Frank
------------------

Hi Frank, did you see this report from the Mowat Centre that came out last May? They endorse a rent tax as a reform of corporate tax.

http://mowatcentre.ca/wp-content/uploads/publications/88_corporate_tax_reform.pdf

Introduced on page 28, then discussed in more detail from page 44 on.

Erich.

Thanks, Erich.

It's always shocking how us lonely Georgists think we're alone against the world, but then we occasionally see a conventional document produced by an established organization include our sacred program as if it was routine and legitimate option with many benefits, that by some oversight has not been previously explored and implemented.   : )

--
Frank de Jong