Fwd: Fa(r)ce of Rigged Elections in Aakash Ganga Society, Sector 6, Dwarka

Sudha Iyer

Jul 4, 2015, 2:07:22 AM7/4/15
to Dwarka Forum Google

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: REJIMON C K <reji...@gmail.com>

Pls post on df
This is evidence change of decisions by RO.

If 4 people disqualified u/s 54(l) then how became eligible next day?

What justification given.

Election once in motion can not be stopped other than court

If you suspect corruption money involved file a complaint with Delhi govt vigilance or ACB

The amount of 60,000 should have recovered under land revenue act?

Is this is what charges us 54 (l)

(l) he has been convicted u/s 118 of the Act, he shall be disqualified from contesting

election for a period of four years from the date of conviction.

Send by Wireless Device

Dear Shri Regimon,

I am a keen follower of your postings (as well others) in the Dwarka Forum. Although I never posted in the past, I'd like to post this 'sensational rigging' in the Elections to our Society.

The Story is that for the past 3 years our Society has been bled by a group of 'corrupt' persons - led by Mr J C Vashista, the President. As you all know, the RTI is our constitutional right for every citizen. And an RTI is filed when some 'smoke signals' are seen emanating from the embers of corruption. I filed (along some other residents) an RTI in May 2014. Mr Vashista doggedly opposed to giving any information (on water charges, water meter installation details etc contained in my query) even after pursuing with RCS (the appellate body and the CIC). Ultimately the RCS has imposed a fine  of Rs 60,000/- on him and Secretary ( K J Joseph) for refusing to give information under RTI.

Till today this fine has not been paid - Mr Vashista has resorted to many dilatory tactics and  the RCS is also not very interested in recovering money from him.

Enter Mr S C Khatri - an RCS appointed Returning Officer - who makes it known to all of us that money talks - and nothing else. After the election schedule was announced, Mr Vashista and his MC members organised a General Body Meeting (in contravention of the Code of Conduct of any elections in this Country). During the meeting, they managed to drum up the feelings and opinions of many members (still most were 'silent') against RTI appeals (saying that 'we are all in one family'). I felt isolated and some of my other friends also felt the same - so we decided not to contest the elections.

Mr S C Khatri (09717105814) issued the nomination forms on June 28,  and 29, and I submitted a representation to him asking Mr Vashista and K J Joseph who have been mentioned in the RCS order of April 13, 2015 imposing fines on them on the grounds that these two are also defaulters.

On July 02, 2015 Mr Khatri issued an order - rejecting the nominations of 4 persons (all members of previous MC) and accepting the nominations of others (about 7 of them) (see attachment 1). We thought it was vindication of our efforts. But yesterday, Mr Khatri changed that order and issued a revised order, including (accepting) all those nominations whom he rejected earlier a day before (see attachment 2). What has changed (hands) during the course of 24 hours  to 'accept' the nominations of those rejected under u/s 54 (l) ? Only Mr Khatri (09717105814) can answer.

This in brief is the Fa(r)ce of our Rigged Elections.

I request you to post this piece in the Dwarka Forum - so that many more people can see the face of corruption in our Cooperative Societies.

Thanks

Kumar

Dr. P.V.S. Kumar
Scientist (Retd),
National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR) - CSIR - India
(Home) Flat #  119, Aakash Ganga Apartments
Plot # 17, Sector # 6, Dwaraka
New Delhi 110 075, India
Tel : +91-11-2507 5245, 25075173 (Home)
(+91) 98681 75245 (Mobile)