Airport Express Train failure today morning

M Jayaraman

May 22, 2015, 6:18:58 AM5/22/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
I read quite sometime back in one of the newspapers that out of all the metro lines, the airport express line is the one which faces major hurdles ! I never had any such experience till today morning. Today morning I got into the 8.42 a.m. train at Dwarka. It reached Airport and stopped. Then the doors of the train were not closing while the doors of the platforms closed. They tried 5/6 times opening and closing the doors but the train doors were not closing. Then the person sitting opposite to me told me that the train which came from New Delhi did not stop at the Airport. At that time I got a little frightened and moved to the centre of the train as I thought, what if the train from Dwarka will come and hit our train (very childish and foolish, but at that time I could not think anything else!). Then the drivers were running from one end to the other end with their walkie-talkie. The announcement for the problem started coming once in a while. I then noticed all the display in the screen in the train was blank and I.P.100.00 ... and other numbers were there. After 5-6 minutes they asked us to get down from the train and board the train in the opposite direction. By that time the AC also went off in the train! Then we got into the other train in the opposite platform, which was quite full and lots of people were standing like in the ordinary metro. I then happened to meet one gentleman in the other train who has worked on deputation from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. He told me though there was no need to be panic, there is a psychological fear in these kind of incidents, but still travelling in the metro is far more better than travelling by road, to which I also nodded.

M Jayaraman

PS: The train reached Shivaji Stadium around 9.25 a.m. which is not bad in any case!

Disclaimer:

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the person or entity
to which it is addressed, and it may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review or other use of this mail or taking any action based on it
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please contact the sender, and delete all
copies of this mail.This e-mail has been scanned and verified by McAfee SaaS
Email Security, formerly MX Logic.

Sudha Iyer

May 22, 2015, 8:33:26 AM5/22/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, spoke to Airport Exp guys - The doors malfunctioned and they had to remove the train to fix it. - which took some time. When I boarded the train at 9.13 it also came from behind (not the one which comes from ND Railway station). Rest everything was normal and on schedule.

So far - Airport Express has given us hassle free service and on time.  So no issues on that part.

Just to add an additional information - the new card which has been introduced (which can be used both in DMRC trains as well as Airport Exp) - it is informed that there is still some updation going on and it is advised that people should wait for 2 more weeks before they purchase this card. Still there are some issues  which they are trying to fix.

To: dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Dwarka Forum-] Airport Express Train failure today morning
From: jay...@teri.res.in
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 14:46:19 +0530
--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

R. Dua

May 22, 2015, 11:45:50 PM5/22/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Thnx for updts.
These are really useful.
Will pass this info to friends and family members.
Regards.