Unsafe Maggi

Arun Banerjee

May 21, 2015, 12:58:09 AM5/21/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Find Out Why Maggi Noodle Is Bad For You

Maggi noodles has come under the radar for having harmful substance found in it. Following the uproar, the Lucknow Food Safety and Drug Administration has initiated inquiry and written to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) in New Delhi seeking to cancel the license for Maggi.

The favourite quick snack of many is in troubled waters it seems.  According to media reports the 2-minute noodles ‘Maggi’ has come under regulatory scanner after samples collected in some parts of Uttar Pradesh were found containing added monosodium glutamate (MSG) and lead in excess of the permissible limit, official sources said.

Following the uproar, the Lucknow Food Safety and Drug Administration has initiated inquiry and written to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) in New Delhi seeking to cancel the licence for Maggi. The state regulator has also asked FSSAI to order sampling of the product from across the country to check quality, officials said.

Vijay Bahadur Yadav, FSDA Assistant Commissioner was quoted as saying, “We have tested Maggi samples at Kolkata’s referral laboratory. The test results show that there are added monosodium glutamate and excess of lead. We have ordered further sampling”.

--
অরূণ ব্যানার্জী
αrun ßanerjee