How we are bribing our Judiciary in Modern India

SK MALIK

Sep 30, 2014, 3:21:49 AM9/30/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Former Chief Justice of India, Palaniswamy Sathasivam, has been appointed Governor of Kerala in the middle of a raging debate over whether such political appointments will compromise judicial independence.

Justice Sathasivam, 65, is expected to be sworn in on Friday. "If I say no to this job, I have to do farming in my village. As a former Chief Justice of India I can have good relations with the state and the Centre and it will benefit the people of Kerala," he told NDTV.

The opposition Congress has reminded the BJP of its own objections to post retirement positions for judges. Last year, Arun Jaitley, now union minister, had written in a blog, "I have held a strong view that Judges of the Supreme Court and the High Courts must not be eligible for jobs in the Government after retirement. In some cases, the pre-retirement judicial conduct of a judge is influenced by the desire to get a post retirement assignment."

Justice Sathasivam's appointment is linked to a case involving BJP president Amit Shah.

Just before his term ended, Justice Sathasivam was on the Supreme Court bench that scrapped a second FIR or police complaint against Amit Shah in a fake encounter killing case in Gujarat, saying it was linked to the bigger Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case and did not need to be separate.
A statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan confirmed Justice Sathasivam's appointment hours after over 100 Kerala lawyers sent a resolution to President Pranab Mukherjee, asking him not to go through with it.
Echoing political objections, the lawyers said if a person who held the highest judicial post is made Governor, which is a political appointment, then it will impact judicial independence.
This appointment is reducing the stature of the Chief Justice. The CJI administers oath of office to the President, how can such a person of high office be appointed the governor.

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Sep 30, 2014, 4:03:24 AM9/30/14
to dwarka-residents
There should be a cooling period of 2 years.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

balbir jaswani

Sep 30, 2014, 4:03:45 AM9/30/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Frdz,
It is clear cut case of rewarding Mr Sathasivam in return 4 favour done to Mr Amit Shah in d
fake Soharabuddin encounter case.This is conspicuous example of corruption in high places in BJP
power echelons.Protest by Kerala Lawyers guild is in line with wrong doing by BJP GOVT.Earlier
statement by Mr ARUN jaitly is being challenged right away.
Very tragic n shameful example.
Balbir Dass

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:51:49 +0530 "'SK MALIK' via DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" resi...@googlegroups.com> wrote
--

Membership Application- Please visit...

http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum

DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dwarka-
residents+...@googlegroups.com.

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >

Rama N

Sep 30, 2014, 6:23:44 AM9/30/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Read the piece written by Mailk Sir and Balbir Sir. I am completely in agreement that people of that position should not get appointed into any such position ( specifically to head something which will help the government). Arun Jaitley rightly stated so and the reasons for this appointment is not clearly stated by the government.

About the second issue of calling a Judge corrupt etc. my humble request to all my friends in the forum to desist using such accusations in such a loose manner. Why I state this is, I don't know how much money the Judge made as alleged by our members or what all criminality he is involved with (I am not privy to such information). I am not questioning my friends knowledge and belief. I honestly believe that they have the full facts of the case concluding after reading the 33 pages long Supreme Court judgement of April 8, 2013 where Justice Sathasivam and Dr. B.S. Chauhan dealt with this case.

Rama