DELHI GOVT'S ACB HAS THE JURISDICTION TO ARREST POLICEMEN: HC

SK MALIK

May 27, 2015, 2:53:08 AM5/27/15
to DWARKA FORUM

DELHI GOVT'S ACB HAS THE JURISDICTION TO ARREST POLICEMEN: HC

Last Updated: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 15:59

New Delhi: Delhi government's anti-corruption branch has the jurisdiction to arrest policemen, the Delhi High court held today while dismissing bail application of a head constable who was arrested by the ACB in a corruption case.
googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display("dfp-ad-zeenews_article_middle_300x250_btf"); }); A bench of Justice Vipin Sanghi disallowed Anil Kumar's bail application saying his submission that the Anti- Corruption Branch (ACB) of the Government of National Capital Territory Delhi (GNCTD) does not have the competence or jurisdiction to act on the complaint of the complainant is rejected.
"Since the applicant is a Delhi Police personnel serving the citizens in the NCTD and the functions of the Delhi Police personnel substantially and essentially relate to the affairs of the GNCTD, in my view, the ACB of the GNCTD has the jurisdiction to entertain and act on a complaint under the PC Act in respect of a Delhi Police officer or official, and to investigate and prosecute the crime," the judge said.
The head constable was arrested on May 2 from the Sonia Vihar police station in Northeast Delhi by the ACB. Earlier on May 14, the high court had pulled up the Delhi police for questioning the jurisdiction of ACB in arresting Kumar.
He was arrested after a scrap dealer filed a complaint on the anti-corruption helpline 1033 that Kumar had been demanding Rs 20,000 as bribe and threatening to implicate him in false cases.

Arun Banerjee

May 27, 2015, 6:19:52 AM5/27/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
HC says "Lt Governor must respect the mandate of the people in all matters which fall under the domain of the Assembly." Centre will approach SC.
What a lay man will understand from it. People's mandate has no value.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

অরূণ ব্যানার্জী
αrun ßanerjee
Use email save tree

Asim Baroi

May 28, 2015, 1:10:02 AM5/28/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
It is  shows that Center is desperate  not to allow to fulfill  of our representative APP govt.

AJOY VATS

May 28, 2015, 5:26:16 AM5/28/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
really a good news after a long time...

Sir,

This is to inform you that this is my new e-mail id.
AJOY VATS

Arun Banerjee

May 28, 2015, 5:26:44 AM5/28/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
The case just start with bribe accepted by a cop. Had it been a senior official what would have happened?

Prem Vir Singh

May 28, 2015, 12:50:49 PM5/28/15
to dwarka-residents
I am sure this fight between Delhi and cetral Govt will be finally good for people of Delhi because what ever is best for people will happen either through mutual discussion or through legal process.
Gp Capt P V Singh
9810815046

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 5:16 PM, 'SK MALIK' via DWARKA FORUM (Regd) <dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Surjit Chetal

May 29, 2015, 12:20:49 AM5/29/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
I AM SURE MR KEJRIWAL WILL NOT SPARE ANY OFFICER IF HE IS FOUND CORRUPT.
MANY OF OUR FRIENDS FIND DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE THAT SOMEBODY CAN JOIN POLITICS FOR DOING SEWA.
CHETAL S K

Arun Banerjee

May 29, 2015, 1:02:19 AM5/29/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
I have reason to say that corruption in Delhi at State/UT level governance is "going south".