Non-Functional Lights in Dwarka - Erratic Timings of Lights

Shobhit Chauhan

Dec 20, 2014, 12:37:20 AM12/20/14
to seec...@gmail.com, bhushan...@yahoo.co.in, baishaliadak, rajesh ranjan singh, LG Email, c...@dda.org.in, dcp-sout...@nic.in, sudhas...@hotmail.com, asheesh mamgain, Akhilesh Pandey - Jagran City, Risha Chitlangia, Fourth Point, dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, sd...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shri. Mehra Ji

I have got to hear about you a lot from Shri. Bharat Bhushan ji. According to him, you seemed to be a very people friendly and concerned official at DDA, for a change. Even I had conveyed my regards to you via a WhatsApp message which you did not even respond to. People in Dwarka Sector 6, at least, were glad that street lights were working for 1-2 days.

But as it always happens with the common man, this happiness was not very long lived. Not only Sector 6, most of Dwarka is in dark and most of the street lights have gone dysfunctional. I myself walk down the road at Sector 23 Dwarka and for past3 days, lights have not been working even at 7PM when it is pitch dark in these cold winter days. I need not elaborate much, as the officials in your office at Dwarka are well aware of the situation but what makes them so much oblivious to the issue, is beyond understanding.

Sir, I do not beleive in hitting around the bush and nor I can be goody goody with people with might and power (like your good-self) when the common man suffers at hands of new dictators of Dwarka (the officials of the Delhi Development Authority). Lets come to certain facts in the instant case.

1) This is the cold month of December with Sun Set at as early as 5:30PM and Sun Rise at around 7AM. DDA can not afford to have lighting time pre-defined and same for all seasons. While in summers, it is bright enough even at 7PM; in winters it gets dark at as early as 6PM. Hence forth, the road lighting is needed from 6PM to 6:30AM and can be adjusted as per requirements and depending on visibility conditions. Once you are able to do this, then may be Delhi will move its first step towards being a Smart City as being promoted by the PM.

2) Dwarka has its own Executive Engineer (Electrical), AE (Electrical ) and many more staff which is being paid hefty salaries from public funds. Are these officials able to justify the public money they get at start of every month? Is this not a wastage of funds and should not all these officials be sacked with immediate effect?

3) We would urge the Deputy Commissioner of Police/South-West District to make DDA a party in all criminal cases that take place in Dwarka for DDA is providing a very friendly environment to criminals under the grab of dark roads and other dark spots. A case of Criminal Conspiracy (IPC 120B) should be registered against the concerned officials of DDA - Electrical for every crime taking place on roads of Dwarka. Policemen at Check Posts at night have to go through a lot of difficulty due to lack of lighting arrangements on roads. Proper patrolling can not be done as all roads and inner lanes and parks are in complete dark. All this in spite of Delhi being on HIGH ALERT!

4) A case of Public Nuisance u/s 268 IPC must immediately be registered against the concerned officials of DDA - Electrical for their act of negligence in not ensuring proper lighting in Dwarka.  Dwarka Organisations and residents are also exploring the possibility of filing a PIL in the Delhi High Court against DDA for providing a criminal friendly environment in Dwarka.

5) We also have certain information that there is some political intervention due to which street lights are intentionally kept switched OFF and will be turned ON only after public outrage and a meeting with the political representatives. Kindly provide concrete arguments to refute this.

Enough said. We, the residents, of Dwarka give you time of 5 days to ensure all lights are functional from 5:30 PM to 6:30AM. Further which, we would approach the Deputy Commissioner of Police/South-West District to register FIR's against the concerned officials of DDA - Electrical. Also, DDA must form a team of Engineers and Residents to identify Dark Spots in Dwarka and get the needful done within a month's time.

Looking forwards to your immediate action.

Mr. Vineet Aggrawal (8860087389) and Mr. Bharat Bhushan (9899057589) have been in touch with you for last one week or so.
Shobhit Chauhan
RTI Activist
Founder President: Ek Sangharsh (Regd. NGO)
Mobile: 0-9717063875

Copy to:
1) CVO - DDA
2) LG Office - Delhi
3) DCP - South West District
4) Media

P Print only if absolutely necessary

*Disclaimer:*
This Email message along with any attachments is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential/ privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. If the reader is not the intended recipient then any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this message is virus-free. Shobhit Chauhan does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this message or attachments.