Re: Your Complaint/suggestion dated 14 July, 2015

Sanjeev Goyal

Aug 2, 2015, 6:44:37 AM8/2/15
to helpline helpline, vikas...@dmrc.org, dwarka-residents
Dear Sir,

There are 3 patent faults in your reply:

(i) First no reply has been sent earlier by your office except auto acknowledgement,
(ii) The issue are not related with blue line but are irrespective of any line and,
(iii) Thirdly I had mentioned Karol Bagh station as an example not stating that this is the only station where this is happening. So action required for all stations. Further, it would be appreciated if you could provide us point wise action taken on issues.

Thanks

S K Goyal

I am referring the issues below again to maintain the link of your reply:

(i) Stranded Water:  We have observed stranded water between tracks on many stations. While the tracks in between stations are comparatively clearer there is water logging on many stations. This water logging is visible since even before the current spell of monsoon showers. For example on Karol Bagh station several inches deep water is stranded for past several weeks. The presence of algae is a confirmation to this fact. This has, now, become potential mosquito breeding place and calls for following actions:

a) All station supervisors be advised to immediately pump out such locked water.

b)Kerosene/Diesel or any other suitable substance be spread on the surface of such water to avoid mosquito breeding where pumping out is not feasible immediately,

c) Examine how this could escape attention of station supervisor,

d)Design fault which is leading to clogging be rectified,

e) Watch on water logging on tracks be inserted in station operation manual as regular activity and

f)  Design of all under construction station be appropriately upgraded to avoid such problem.

(ii)    Noise level : The metro coached are studded with high noise level. The air conditioning system constantly produces high volume of noise. Great peace can be felt whenever system fell off. Please devise some innovative method to reduce this noise level in the operating coaches. Also, advise all units where currently metro coaches are being manufactured to improve the internal duct design to tackle this problem.

(iii)   Lighting:. We have observed the light posts working unnecessarily during day time. At Govind Puri station at 6.30 you can view all compound lights and parking lights on. The sun-light is available for free please advise staff to use it and avoid this criminal waste of energy. At 6.30 there is full sun and no light is required. This might be replicated on other stations, so please review the station light timings.

(iv)  Name Spelling: Off-late it has been observed that the spelling of word metro in Hindi is not matching with the pronunciation. Generally we found it written as मेट्रो whereas the correct version seems to be मैट्रो request examine it.

(v)   Help Line: We have several time observed that your help line email is not effectively discharging the issue raised with it. Except issuing a prompt auto acknowledgement there is no similar subsequent action. There are instance where for getting a reply RTI had to be filed. There should be proper internal tracking of complaints/suggestions filed with it till conclusion. Besides being responsive it should provide thought thru mature replies and not just superficially avoid it. It seems at present there is no internal MIS about the status of pending issues is prepared. Any such periodic reporting may bring improvement in the system. Further, the acknowledgement issued must be in continuation of original mail so that co-relation is easy.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 3:55 PM, helpline helpline <help...@dmrc.org> wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

As regard to your complaint regarding various issues in blue line, we would like to inform that we have already replied your for your concerns. However regarding water logging at Karol bagh , suitable action has been initiated to resolve the issue as earliest.

Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

Assuring you of our best services,

Thanking you for patronizing our services.

With Regards

Public Complaints Officer

Disclaimer :
This email communication may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended for the use of the addressee only.If you are not an intended recipient you are requested not to reproduce,copy
disseminate or in any manner distribute this email communication as the same is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete
the communication sent in error.Email communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure & error free and DMRC is not liable for any errors in the email communication or for the proper, timely and complete transmission thereof.
Print this email only in case of urgent necessity, save paper save earth.

Sanjeev Goyal

Aug 26, 2015, 12:32:57 PM8/26/15
to helpline helpline, vikas...@dmrc.org, dwarka-residents
It is surprising that I have received a reply from helpline stating that suitable reply has already been sent and in future please mention name of station where problem is faced.

I understand this is nothing but case of high handedness how carelessly concerns raised by public are addressed.

On so many stations water is still stagnant even the example station given has not been checked. Please check Karol Bagh station, Dwarka Mode station, R K Ashram station so much water is lying at between tracks in locked condition. This is clearly a case of designing defect and till rectified will continue to be a problem.

It seems without doing anything complaint has been set aside.

No improvement in light timings are noted - situation remains AS IT IS.

What your PRO is doing only God knows..

For noise also no steps taken, only standard reply sent.

We hereby specifically record that superficial replies sent by DMRC are not at all satisfactory. There is no substance in replies and appears like a call centre replies meant to divert complaint.

It would be better if a more deserving person is given this task for handling. Hoping some action.

Regards

S K Goyal