Sub: Suggestions or improvement in DMRC Services.

Sanjeev Goyal

Dec 17, 2014, 10:27:58 AM12/17/14
to helpline helpline, mdm...@hotmail.com, secy...@nic.in, dwarka-residents

DWARKA FORUM Dwarka Ki Awaaz

                                          (Regn No. S-63070)

      (A Welfare Association of Residents & RWA's / CGHS Representatives of Dwarka Sub-City)

Regd. Office:

720, Pocket-1, Sector-14,

Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078

Phone No. 011-20514195

E-mail: dwark...@gmail.com

www.dwarkaforum.org

No. SKG/DMRC/008             dated 17 Dec 2014

SH. MANGU SINGH, MANAGING DIRECTOR, DMRC

Metro Bhawan, Fire Brigade Lane,

Barakhamba Road,
New Delhi - 110001, India. Board No. - 23417910/12
Fax No. - 23417921
  help...@dmrc.org mdm...@hotmail.com

Dear Sir,

Sub: Suggestions or improvement in DMRC Services.

While we await response to our letter no. SKG/DMRC/007 dated 20 Nov 2014, in continuation, we have few more thought on our efforts to high light matters which may help DMRC to further improve its services, we present following thoughts:

(i)    The design & location of hand rail provided beneath roof of coaches have gone several changes. The latest design being used on Mandi House to Badarpur metro line. These coached have 4 parallel rails. While the old cars have 3 rails. Within these 3 rails there are 2 designs, in older design one rail is in center and the other 2 rails are at some distance from it but not exactly above the seating passengers. While in other design these 2 rails are exactly perpendicular above the legs of seating passengers. The design where rails are not above seating passenger are the oldest cars and this design is creating problem for standing passengers. The passengers have to stay away from seat which leads to loss of space. Practically this may be seen in old coaches running on Dwarka line. The seating passengers are comfortable under both the positions. Since these coaches are having a very long life, it is suggested that some retrofitting be done in these old model coaches to improve passenger comfort & enhance capacity.

(ii)   It has been observed that illumination level inside cars remain at constant level throughout the journey. Actually the trains running on elevated corridors during day time may have adequate light with only alternate tube lights working. This may be examined to save some electricity.

(iii)  To change the mood & mask every one with feeling of unity & patriotism if stations can be truly decked up in tri-colour for 10 days prior to 2 days after every 26 January, 15 August and in other attractive ways on Deepawali & New Year to celebrate these rejoices, it can really fill every ones heart with feeling of proud about the way metro has changed the lives of Delhite. It is felt that if efforts are made corporate sponsors for these events should be available. In particular for 26 January & 15 August public sector & large private sector entities may come forward & for Deepawali & New Year/X Mas – which are biggest consumer sale event of the year – the FMCG sector may like to show interest to decorate stations in different moods.

(iv) Everybody knows Mr. Sreedharan's contribution and his achievements to make Delhi citizens’ life easier in terms of transportation and actually it’s a land mark achievement which shall keep on inspiring generations. To keep his memory everlasting and to salute his astounding contribution, it is suggested that any of the stations on upcoming Janak Puri – Kalindi Kunj corridor could be christened after him. We think he deserves this respect.

Please acknowledge & intimate your thought on the issue.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

(S K Goyal)

Secretary – Dwarka Forum