Dwarka Residents' whatsapp / telegram group- a suggestion!

pradeep k. Ivon

Jan 24, 2015, 12:47:06 AM1/24/15
to Dwarka-residents@googlegroups. com, dwarka...@googlegroups.com, pradeep k. ivon
dear fellow residents,
few days ago there was a massive traffic jam at the Delhi cantt Red lights while coming down from Dwarka Flyover, the it took me & of course all others minimum 40 mts to cross the light, due to a truck broken down. Everyone was anxious about what happened and were staring at each other!

I just got an idea, what if we residents get on to a group on Whats-app or Telegram preferred as you form larger group on it (my no. is 9810200809) so that in the event of such problems or even any kind of disaster we may immediately in real time alert or seek help of others who may be just in our vicinity may be a car or two behind or ahead.
it can be useful for example in traffic on City roads or also for any other breaking news /calamity that may be unknown to many others who could be sitting right at that problematic spot.

kindly share your valuable thoughts on this idea and let us start such a group with an Administrator to frame some basic rules of etiquette so that this does not become another whats-app type of forum exchanging meaning-less & endless jokes, pictures or heavy videos crowding the cyber space & our phone memories (for which one may already be on another group).
If you feel this is helpful idea, let us begin sharing each others' phone nos.

warm regards,
pradeep k. ivon
232 DDA SFS Pkt.2 Sector 9
Dwarka, opp. Police Station Sec.9
Mob. 9810200809

Shobhit Chauhan

Jan 24, 2015, 4:49:08 AM1/24/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, dwarka...@googlegroups.com, pradeep k. ivon
WhatsApp would be a good idea BUT provided that the admin ensures there are no good morning, good night, political, religious, useless forwards, photographs and other messages.

Let it be one way communication where nobody replied until its needed.

Shobhit Chauhan
RTI Activist
Founder President: Ek Sangharsh (Regd. NGO)
Mobile: 0-9717063875

P Print only if absolutely necessary

*Disclaimer:*
This Email message along with any attachments is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential/ privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. If the reader is not the intended recipient then any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this message is virus-free. Shobhit Chauhan does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this message or attachments.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Anil K Rajput

Jan 24, 2015, 6:45:48 AM1/24/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
You are right Shobhit anything with good motive is
started for the welfare but after some time people
start misusing it for personal gains and unnecessary
forwards no meaning or of any use .
I was on Whatsapp but after few months I had to
discontinue it because of such activities.
Best is to use Delhi Police Ap. and keep updating
it for Dwarka.

Anil Rajput

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Jan 24, 2015, 10:29:14 PM1/24/15
to dwarka-residents
Pradeep Ivon's ji idea is well intentioned and good. As suggested by Anil Rajput  ji, we should use Delhi Police App for updation.  On my FB page of Rohini Scheme, members are using as helpline, asking trivival information and issues without doing any thing themselves or sharing any information on that page on their own.  It is not possible to give whole day for the dissimination of information

REJIMON C K

Jan 29, 2015, 2:42:39 AM1/29/15
to DWARKA FORUM, DCP Traffic Western Region, acp dwarka, SR Traffic, DCP Traffic HQ, Anil Shukla. JCP/Traffice
Pradeep ji, nice to see you in action after long break.

There are GOOD & BAD for anything we adopt be it Email group or Watsup or Twitter  u name it.
It depend upon how well disciplined and behaved are our co-group individuals.
You were one of the initial team member of DF you know how it all started.
On Watsupp I find it 98% users FORWARD actual message sharing is very less. Sharing INFO if factual is good but unverified and for entertainment only going to help the Telecom Operators, Internet Opertors and most importantly it damage our own DATA PRIVACY which no one see it.
Yes, if the people are ready restrain to over all purpose we may use such groups.
I would suggest you to use the Google Map before leaving for Office and Home-  This will be great help to determine the Traffic jam & use alternate route.
Another good step if the commuters call Traffic Helpline 011-2584-4444 or contact respective TI of the area on their mobile
 https://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/know-your-traffic-circle/south-west-district
inform them about the jam & clean - If 10-15 people from over 2500 DF readers start doing this.. I am sure there will be a change.

We must appreciate the DTP now have put these data on public domain. Its our duty to contact and give feedback & suggestion. I am sure they will consider. As I had seen many office in DTP in the past taking our input seriously and implimented. Even few weeks back I met another IPS office who now not in DTP but appreciate our INPUT and value. DF have also have done in the past recognising them from Bottom to Top.

Unfortunately few simple things in life if DTP start doing will improve morning Jams. Some suggestions are

1) 90% of jam found due to some kind of breakdown of commercial vehicles or Buses or even pvt vehicles.
Any vehicle found break down must be removed within 30 minutes by area TI- A dedicated Chase and Challan Motor guys who were  earlier assigned to this.
If the vehicle found break down due to poor maintenance then the documents must be confiscated and release only after the vehicle get a Service Certificate from Manufacturer Authorised  Centre or some other step.This is especially for commercial vehicles.

2) The DTP need to study the Road Traffic Flow- For example in Dwarka all traffic in the morning i.e over 70% is OUTFLOW which accordingly the traffic lights to be adjusted.

3. The DTP must keep large LCD Screen at TI Level, ACP, DCP Level to see their respective area to watch Google Map to determine the roads where conjunction increased- If the Road Traffic Volume/Jam increase then immediately send wireless to Chase & Chalan to clear the lock.
4. Most important SELF Descipline by our own fellow Drivers to keep vehicle on  line & not be aggressive try to take wrong lane, service road, foot path etc.

4

REJIMON C K.
Sent over wireless Network ... Google Nexus Phone.

Gp Capt P V Singh

Jan 29, 2015, 3:53:50 AM1/29/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mahendra Kumar ji,
I want to know the time and location of PM rally in Dwarka on 01 Feb 15.
Regards,
Gp Capt PV Singh

thanks Rejimon for your suggestion & encouraging words, i understand the pitfalls of these whatsapp groups but yes if some discipline can be acceptable to all, then whosoever is keen on this can share his/her mobile no. , mine is 9810200809 on whatsapp and 9910101991 on telegram; residents living in diverse directions of Dwarka may contribute their nos. to make this group, keeping in mind only to exchange something that may be of crucial importance to members (traffic, disasters, civic problems, riot etc. etc.).
actually traffic was just one of the utility; may be the group can alert others about anything worthwhile in real time as i mentioned above since mobile phone is attended to every minute by all but mails may or may not be seen at once.

regards/pradeep k. ivon
sec. 9 DDA Pkt.2

pradeep k. Ivon

Vineet

Jan 31, 2015, 2:34:08 AM1/31/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Pls add me to the whatsapp group. Number is 8860087389

Regards\Vineet Aggarwal

Sudha Iyer

Jan 31, 2015, 3:28:05 AM1/31/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradeep Ji - good idea. Suggest you create a Whatsapp gp - name it appropriately - you will be the administrator - let's start with traffic related issues dwarka specific of course - people can inform how's the traffic moving in the morning and evening office hours. Let's start with this information and depending upon how it goes we can start with other issues as well.

You can circulate the mail specific to this topic.

Regards,

Sudha

Sent from my iPhone

Diwan Singh

Jan 31, 2015, 10:12:11 AM1/31/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Good idea Pradeepji,

Provided we keep the cautions in mind  as told by Shobhit, hope it shall work well. My number is 9212061046. Pl add.
Diwan Singh

Yamuna Satyagraha
Ridge Bachao Andolan
Campaign for Preservation of Commons

Anurag Bahl

Feb 1, 2015, 2:56:47 AM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Greetings

I will like to be part of the wats app group too my no is 9899598933

Anurag bahl
Resident sec7

Sent from my iPhone

Anand Dua

Feb 1, 2015, 2:57:03 AM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Good Idea. Please add my number 9810038499. Thanks, Anand Dua

R. Dua

Feb 1, 2015, 3:48:43 AM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

9810502453. Thnx.
r.dua

On 1 Feb 2015 13:28, "Anand Dua" <anan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good Idea. Please add my number 9810038499. Thanks, Anand Dua

Anil

Feb 1, 2015, 4:29:27 AM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Request to please add my number +919873415523

Thanks
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

sudhanshu

Feb 1, 2015, 8:35:28 AM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Please add my number to the group, i would lyk to be part of group.

Regards
Sudhanshu
9999649212

mythili anil

Feb 1, 2015, 10:10:24 AM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
This is a very good idea. Please add ny no. 9899445113

Regards.
Mythili Attavar

vinodks1

Feb 1, 2015, 10:26:21 PM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Please add my no. 9582567564.
Thanks.
Vinod Sharma

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Feb 1, 2015, 10:32:33 PM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
This is a good idea!!
But we require to maintain discipline like no Greeting , no jokes, no useless videos & pictures etc.

We can start with issues like:-
1) Any traffic jams during office hours
2) Any accidents
3) Any urgent help required.
Many more can be added which requires urgent attention /help by dwarka residents...

Detail information other than this can be circulated in dwarka-residents group mail.

Pls add my number also
9873661850

S.Adhikari

To: "dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com" <dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com>

Feb 1, 2015, 10:36:17 PM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Pls add my no too....its 9971949719....teena sharma

Manoj Mansingh

Feb 1, 2015, 10:48:47 PM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Please  add  my  no:9810674288

Regards
Manoj Mansingh
9810674288

Purshotam Behl

Feb 1, 2015, 11:19:34 PM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Good idea.
Pl.add my number,also.
P.Behl
9811113809.
Sent from my HTC

"'soudipta adhikari' via DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" <dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>This is a good idea!!

> 31-Jan-2015, at 7:40 am, pradeep k. Ivon <ivonp...@gmail.com>

> Diwan Singh
> Yamuna SatyagrahaRidge Bachao
> AndolanCampaign for Preservation of
> Commonsnaturalheritagefirst.org/website

Anil Khanna

Feb 1, 2015, 11:50:17 PM2/1/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Please add my number also.
Anil Khanna
+919810128294

Anil Khanna
9810128294
Indian Heritage Travels

Nanak Chand

Feb 2, 2015, 12:08:46 AM2/2/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Pl add my number too.9810257646

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"teena sharma" <sharmat...@gmail.com>
Date:Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 9:06

REJIMON C K

Feb 2, 2015, 1:09:15 AM2/2/15
to DWARKA FORUM
sanjeev, sudha

have a look on this.. Delhi should replicated Banglore http://www.btis.in/ & Mumbai also in working for a Mumbai Transport Information system.
Dead fund drain organisation like DIMTS, UTTIPEC should work for single organisation.

Sudha Iyer

Feb 2, 2015, 1:26:42 AM2/2/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Havent we be screaming from roof tops about the multiplicity  of authorities! The problem in Delhi is  - no government for a year.  Who should we be raising this with.  Isnt it easy to replicate the best practices from within India.  We do not have to go to Foreign countries to do this.  Especially  with Transport - with all the hi tech tools with the administration - it is all so much easy to connect.  DTC is still unable to do a simple thing of putting up shelters and electronic screen with ontime arrival of buses despite the fact the buses are GPRS enabled..what do we talk of....Cities like indore are doing far better job than Delhi.

Who shall we address it - and start pushing for implementation - Urban Development Ministry and Transport Ministry?

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 11:35:30 +0530

REJIMON C K

Feb 2, 2015, 1:27:07 AM2/2/15
to DWARKA FORUM
They had already created the Delhi one but I am sure no support from Transport, DTP, UTTIPC, PWD, LG & so on...

REJIMON C K

Feb 2, 2015, 1:41:14 AM2/2/15
to DWARKA FORUM
on 10th Feb.. lets hope some +VE result, then we must press for this Single Agency..
BTW have you seen the Manifesto of 3 parties ?

kiran_dambalkar

Feb 2, 2015, 2:27:20 AM2/2/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Pl add my no. For WhatsApp 9810779665

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Good Idea. Please add my number 9810038499. Thanks, Anand Dua

mythili anil

Feb 2, 2015, 6:44:31 AM2/2/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Whatsapp is a very good idea, people should not misuse by forwarding jokes and other personal information it should be restricted only towards development of Dwarka and suggestions for any improvement for all of us.

Regards.
Mythili Attavar

Feb 4, 2015, 9:27:42 AM2/4/15
to dwarka-residents
Whatapp alerts is a great idea. Please add me too --- 9811076618   Shubhi Mehrotra

regards
Shubhi Mehrotra

cdric...@rediffmail.com

Feb 5, 2015, 12:04:58 AM2/5/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Whatsapp Alert is very good idea. Request add my Mobile +919810468530.
With warm regards,
CDR (Retd.) IC SHARMA
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

From: Shubhi Mehrotra <shubhim...@gmail.com>