Reg: Obstruction on Footpath.

Sanjeev Goyal

May 27, 2015, 2:51:20 AM5/27/15
to d...@pwddelhi.in, PWD En Chief, pwdhq...@gmail.com, dwarka-residents, moh....@gov.in, lggc....@nic.in

DWARKA FORUM Dwarka Ki Awaaz

                                          (Regn No. S-63070)

      (A Welfare Association of Residents & RWA's / CGHS Representatives of Dwarka Sub-City)

Regd. Office:

720, Pocket-1, Sector-14,

Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078

Phone No. 011-20514195

E-mail: dwark...@gmail.com

www.dwarkaforum.org

                                                                                     No. SKG/PWD/129         24 May 2015

Director Maintenance  PIO,

O/o Engineer-in-Chief, PWD HQ,

12th Flooor, MSO Building,

I P Marg, Delhi-110002. d...@pwddelhi.in, pwdhq...@gmail.com,

Dear Sir,

Reg: Obstruction on Footpath.

Dear Sir,

Footpaths are meant for public to walk over it, and for that matter PWD is spending crores on construction & maintenance of same all over Delhi. To understand the purpose of footpath actually is a matter of common sense and no special knowledge is required to understand this. However, to our utter surprise we find that many of the footpaths have been blocked by PWD itself. Such examples can be seen in abundance all over Delhi. While the PWD is supposed to remove the hindrance created by others we find a reverse trend. We have, since written dozens of letters citing examples but all the communication is apparently going in deaf ears. Though as a result of our continued efforts some of the boards have been removed but a lot more are still standing.

Besides violating several enactments prohibiting such obstruction in public way, this is also a criminal offense as this has the potential of endangering life of citizen by preventing them to walk over footpath. It also confirms that PWD engineers are more interested in spending budget on footpath and have no interest in ensuring that same remains obstruction free for public movement. Now we hereby produce three examples of such hindrance erected by PWD staff on (a) Ch Dalip Singh Marg, (b) Outer Ring Road and (c) Maan Anandayi Marg. Please note these are not isolated examples but similar boards and boards fixed by other public/private bodies can be seen on any road in Delhi showing gross carelessness & failure on the part of PWD staff to perform their duty despite repeated communication. By fixing these bards and now allowing them to continue your staff has ‘on record’ proved its in-competency & gross dereliction of duty. Each such board is costing more than Rs.50000/-, so what PWD has actually – it spent a huge sum on construction of road and further spent good amount of public resources to block them – an act apparently full of foolishness.

We, therefore, now demand a removal of all such boards fixed by PWD & other authorities from footpaths strict disciplinary action & adverse comments in ACR against:

(i)           All officer who approved fixation of these boards,

(ii)          All present officers in charge of these roads,

(iii)         All officers who have inspected these roads in last 2 years and

(iv)         All officers those supposed to have inspected the roads in last 2 years.

--PTO--

-2--

Please note that we expect an action taken report from your office in next 20 days failing which:

(i)           matter shall be escalated to higher authorities like PWD Minister, LG, PGC and

(ii)          Option to file criminal case against Engineer in Chief PWD and/or file a writ petition in court (at your cost) for this proven, ‘on record’ act of criminal negligence shall be explored.

Please acknowledge. Thanks

Yours faithfully,

(S K Goyal)

Secretary – Dwarka Forum

D-103, Shivam Apartment,

Plot-14, Sector-12, Dwarka,

New Delhi-110078. cwa...@gmail.com

Copy to: (i) Minister PWD  moh....@gov.in

(ii) LG lggc....@nic.in, lt...@nic.in,

Note: (i) In all replies, please mention reference no. SKG/PWD/129 (ii) Please provide email address of PIO & First appellate authority.

Ch Dalip Singh Marg.jpg
IIIT.jpg
Outer Ring Road.jpg

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

May 27, 2015, 10:32:20 AM5/27/15
to dwarka-residents
We can also right such a letter about the issue of Kisok on foot path at Nasirpur being opposed by shri arun banerjee ji.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Arun Banerjee

May 28, 2015, 1:07:28 AM5/28/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Gupta Ji thank you very much for the highlighting my issue.

The papers which I have in my possession, collected thru RTI clearly shows SDMC, DDA's hands are in gloves.

Inline image 1  PUBLISHED IN TOI 04.10.2014

Just to quote the file / case of shifting of kiosk from Najafgarh (SDMC area)  to Sector 1-A (DDA area) took just less than a weeks time. File noting shows on April 8, 2014 it was dealt and signed. April 8, 2014 was Ram Navami and gazetted holiday.

EE, DDA write to SDMC on 7.6.14 for removing the kiosk as no permission was taken by SDMC from DDA. If they are unable DDA will remove.....
CE, DDA wrote 26 overriding EE's letter and diluted the case.

The latest wrong info furnished by DDA (after 6 months) on PMO's portal shows that corruption still prevails.
However, I am still on the case and watching down-the-line where it ends.

--
অরূণ ব্যানার্জী
αrun ßanerjee