Gujarat govt CAG report

SK MALIK

Jul 28, 2014, 5:51:08 AM7/28/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Gujarat govt CAG report

GANDHINAGAR: July 25, 3014, The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) — the country's apex auditing agency — has slammed the Gujarat government in its five different reports, for severe mismanagement of the state's financial resources.

The reports highlight irregularities amounting to more than Rs 25,000 crore, which includes what the CAG says was around Rs 1,500 crore in undue benefits to certain companies, including Reliance Petroleum, Essar Power and the Adani Group.

The reports were tabled in the assembly on Friday, the last day of the budget session.

READ ALSO: Gautam Adani, the baron to watch out for if Narendra Modi becomes king

In its audit report on the 'Economic Sector', CAG noted that the Gujarat Maritime Board applied incorrect wharfage rate under the Captive Jetty Agreement "with Reliance Petroleum Ltd, which resulted in short recovery of Rs 649.29 crore to the government."

CAG also noted that the Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd (GUVNL) did not fix delivery points after the finalization of power purchase agreement, resulting in "undue benefit of Rs 587.50 crore to Essar Power Gujarat Ltd."

CAG said the non-monitoring "of the construction quay in phase 1 of Adani Group-owned Mundra port led to short recovery of Rs 118.12 crore."

CAG censured the Gujarat government for excessive payments to solar power companies in the state. It noted, "...contracting excess capacity under solar policy by the GUVNL led to excess burden of Rs 473.20 crore on the consumers of the state."

In the report on the state's macro-financial management, 'State Finances', CAG observed, "...the non-submission of utilization certificates of Rs 9,121.46 crore indicated the lack of proper monitoring by government departments in utilization of grants."

In the same report, CAG criticized the Gujarat government for poor financial management and budgetary control. It noted that in two instances, grants totalling Rs 13,049.67 crore remained unused. CAG said, "...budgetary control should be strengthened to avoid deficiencies in financial management."

pn gupta

Jul 29, 2014, 10:30:01 AM7/29/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Few other important observations mad by the CAG
CAG has questioned the Gujerat Government's claim of Rs.5570 crore revenue surplus during 2012-13 and described it as overstated.
Wrongly booked expenditure of Rs.881 crore on account of grant-in-aid.
Cheques worth Rs.2557 crore were not encahed at all as on March 31, 2013 that led to overstatement of expenditure.
Gujerat's debt burden which was around Rs.50000 crore during the Keshu Bhai regime astronomically after Modi took over charge.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Arun Banerjee

Jul 29, 2014, 10:30:44 AM7/29/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear all
If all CAG's report for the last five to ten years are consolidated what will be the total amount come out for irregularities????????

A. B.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

অরূণ ব্যানার্জী
αrun ßanerjee
(M) 9868227877
Use email save tree

SK MALIK

Jul 30, 2014, 11:15:43 AM7/30/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

This CAG Report is up to March 31, 2012
We will get subsequent period report after some time. (Two Years & Two Months)
In evaluation of performance of Govt
·         I will not give wattage to CAG Report
·         I will not give wattage to from where Election Fund was raised. (squandering billions of national unaccounted money to win elections channelized through corporate bodies)
·         I will not mind to benefiting those rich corporate bodies.

·         I will mind if attention is diverted towards Moral education, New Books, Communal Polarization etc

·         Will give wattage to controlling prices. (Inflation)
·         Will give wattage to Removal of Corruption from Common Man interaction with Govt. Also No delay & harassment.
·         Will give wattage to Increasing Agriculture production.
·         Will give wattage to Right for Food for All
·         Will give wattage to Generation of New Jobs.
·         Will give wattage to Increasing Export.
·         Will give wattage to Bringing back Black Money.
·         Will give wattage to controlling punish the mischievous neighbor countries for incursion or unprovoked firing and killing our soldiers
·         Will give wattage to providing education. RTE
·         Will give wattage to providing Water & Health
·         Will give wattage to providing houses etc etc to one and all.
·         Right to Justice & In time delivery

·         I will not give wattage to FDI Received in India
·         I will not give wattage to Stock Index
·         I will not give wattage to Number of Car produced & Sold
IF ALL MY WISHES ARE ACHIVED MIGRATION TO BIG CITY WILL STOP
MOST OF URBAN & RURAL PROBLEMS WILL VANISH

R. Dua

Jul 30, 2014, 11:17:14 AM7/30/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

May i add in this that we can correct lots of matters of misgovernance by having right kind of people at decision making level posts.
As we witness UPSC civil services aspirants on the streets for a non issue,we wonder what we are heading for.
We remember Shri Vinod Rai ji and am sure so many other Officers who have made us proud by leading CAG n other imp agencies of governance.

Coming to the moot point,Arunji has asked a good question.What is the extent of the losses.