Fwd: CG - 175 /2013. BSES THIRD PARTY METER TESTING Issues

REJIMON C K

Apr 24, 2015, 12:12:37 PM4/24/15
to DWARKA FORUM, sd...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

PFA a self explanatory Order of CGRF which works under BSES as I understand from the order and their practises.

The complaint was for exposing and establishing 3rd Party Meter Testing for which TILL DATE the CGRF took any action. However, stating DERC order it jumped to issue Tender and calling agencies to appoint 3rd Party. Is there an INTEGRITY question associated with it?

The BSES bills used to carry CPRI as 3rd Party testing even after there was no agreement and continued to mislead. For this CGRF took no action.

The BSES bills even today not mention the kind of meter testing available for consumer nor mention about the CPRI in the bill nor any awareness campaign.

Coming to CGRF hearing, the written arguments are not considered, if that be the case what point attending each hearing ?

Who would compensate the consumer of the loss due to meter, back flow and what not.

JUSTICE is DENIED by CGRF and the system is only an EYE wash.

Regards

Rejimon

From: REJIMON C K <reji...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Subject: BIASED CGRF-BRPL ORDER. ALLEGED CORRUPT PRACTICE IN DECISIONS DEMAND VIGILANCE/CRIMINAL INVESTIAGTION
To: Secretary DERC <secy...@nic.in>, elect_o...@yahoo.com
Cc: Consumer Grievance-CGRF-BRPL- <cgrf...@gmail.com>

DWARKA FORUM Dwarka Ki Awaaz

 (Regn No. S-63070)

      (A Welfare Association of Residents & RWA's / CGHS Representatives of Dwarka Sub-City)

453, Nav Sansad Vihar CGHS Ltd

Plot No.4, Sector 22, Dwarka, New Delhi - 110077

Phone No. 011-20514195

E-mail: dwark...@gmail.com

www.dwarkaforum.org

                                                                                                            September 19, 2013

                                                                                                            DF/DERC/09/001

Secretary

DERC

New Delhi

Electricity Ombudsman

B-53, Paschimi Marg, Near Tagore

International School, Vasant Vihar, New

Delhi – 110057

Email: elect_o...@yahoo.com

Dwarka Special Court Electricity –

Special Court (Electricity),

Court.No. 208,

New Delhi – 110075

Cc: Secretary- CGRF

Bcc: Separate Letters to CBI, CVC, ACB-Vigilance, Delhi Govt, LGO, CMO.

Dear Sir,

Subject: BIASED CGRF-BRPL ORDER.

ALLEGED CORRUPT PRACTICE IN DECISIONS

DEMAND VIGILANCE/CRIMINAL INVESTIAGTION.

CGRF Ref: CGRF:175/2013/F2/1950 dated 10/9/2013

  1. 1st Complaint Made to CGRF on 12/3/2013, Reminders dated 19/3/2013 25/3/2013, 9/4/2013, 15/4/2013, 29/4/2013
  2. Notice/Letter issued to BSES by CGRF on 18/4/2013
  3. Rejoinder filed on 16/5/2013 against BSES reply dated 6/5/2013
  4. Duly filled form submitted on 22/5/2013 in response to letter dated 18/4/2013 clearly mentioning that in case the hearing not attended on 5/6/2013 CONSIDER WRITTEN ARGUMENT.
  5. Received an email from CGRF dated 11/6/2013 that next date of hearing will be 12/8/2013. Since due to health reason I was at hospital for a check-up could not attend on 12/8/2013.  Waited for the order or rescheduling and got the above mentioned letter dated 10/9/2013 of hearing decision of 12/8/2013 order dated 21/8/2013 (After making complaint over 162 days ie. 5 Months 9 days) signed on 27/8/2013
  6. BSES: My 1st Complaint dated 13/2/2013  & 20/2/2013 26/2/2013
  7. Meter Testing done by BSES own staff on 14/2/2013 & 28/2/2013

The sequence of events and background provide enough to substantiate the CGRF formulated under Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum and Ombudsman) Regulations, 2011 is an eye wash or entangled in Corruption by BIASED ORDERs.

Reason:

  1. The Complaint filed as per Clause 8(1) of the DERC-CGRF-OR-2011 on 12/3/2013 and notice issued on 18/4/2013 (37 days). This is in clear violation to clause 9 (2) of the DERC-CGRF-OR-2011.
  2. As per Clause 3(k) deficiency includes Metering Problem.
  3. The Clause 8(1) is clear that email complaint is sufficient, while the CGRF insist on prescribed format which also duly submitted 22/5/2013.
  4. BSES the respondent filed a reply on 6/5/2013 acknowledged that they have no contract with any third party testing and the MISLEADING in their bills mentioned about ""THIRD PARTY METER TESTING|  In order to get the electronic meters tested, consumers may exercise the following options:-   (A). By Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) an autonomous society under MoP GoI through Discom at the rate chargeable by CPRI.  (B). By the accredited laboratory of the other Discoms at the rate chargeable by the testing Discom." Further it mentioned that "ERDA Contract expired in year 2011" Which evident that they continue to mislead the consumers and authorities. For which NO ACTION taken by CGRF raise needle of suspicion amounting any CASH or KIND favour or under influence. This would require detailed investigation.
  5. We filed WRITTEN rejoinder  on 16/5/2013 which was not considered by CGRF is evident it was totally at the hand of the respondent. Nowhere in the order the CGRF mentioned the Plea submitted and rejoinder submitted by the Consumer/Complaint evidently prove that the CGRF was acting in biased manner.
  6. As per clause 9(5) Forum shall pass appropriate orders for disposal of the grievance, as far as possible, within 60 days of filing the complaint. While in this case the CGRF CLOSED the case after 172 with an order. That too without conducting an enquiry.
  7. Please note the compliant was registered after repeated reminders (Six Reminders) This is in clear violation to clause 9 (2) of the DERC-CGRF-OR-2011. This is the case with a complainant who regularly followed-up the matter. May verify on other innocent complainants who had no resource, knowledge or will to follow up such complaints. This is strengthening the allegations that CGRF is working at the behest of the Discoms.
  8. As per clause No interim order were issued by CGRF and given long dates. 5/6/2013 and 12/8/2013 where clear case with all substance material provided to CGRF for decision.
  9. As per clause (13) Reports and Returns to be submitted by the Forum for monthly and quarterly, Yearly. However no such reports found on the public domain on the websites of DERC/CGRF/Discoms.
  10. Please provide under which clause provision if the complaint is absent the case will be closed ? If no such provision how did the suo-moto the decision arrived by Member(NGO) & Member (Legal) that too without Chairman nor mentioning the reason for Chairman absent. The natural justice been denied is evident that the CGRF acted in biased manner.
  11. The order of the Members CGRF evident that they were under ILLUTION that complaint has been rdressed or seems to be satisfied and statted further that complainant is not interested to purse the matter on contradictory to my repeated emails (dated) as stated in background. I have clearly mentioned in my email dated 22/5/2013 to consider my WRITTEN ARGUMENT on record.

PLEA:

I would therefore, call upon DERC to investigate this matter and forward this complaint to ACB-Branch of CBI, CVC for further investigation into the matter to find out any undue benefit derived from this biased order of CGRF.

I would further demand immediate removal of the CGRF-Members/Staff involved in this case.

I would request DERC to put all the matter related to CGRF under public domain through website in compliance with Right to Information Act 2005 especially the section 4 of RTIA 2005 where in suo-moto disclosures required.

Yours sincerely,

Rejimon CK

Vice President

 Enclosed: The copy of the Order, Copy of the Complaint filed,

 Copy of all email communication as below:

http://www.derc.gov.in/regulations/DERCRegulations/Regulations2011/derc-cgrf-regulations.pdf

  http://www.derc.gov.in/Consumer/RedressalForum/disposal-status-cgrfs-eo.pdf

 http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2008-05-10/delhi/27743934_1_electronic-meters-discoms-cgrf

http://www.cgrfbest.org.in/ (An example how CGRF function in Mumbai).

From: REJIMON C K <reji...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Meter Testing- 103435170
To: Renu....@relianceada.com

Mme.

We may a fresh request for Meter Testing by Indpendent THIRD PARTY and made request clearly that Either on Sat/Sun this should be done.

However, the staff from BSES again came for testing.

Appreicate if you could send me the contact of Ms. Bindu Jha as I understand she is the concerned person.

Thankign you

Rejimon

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM, REJIMON C K <reji...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mme
Thanks for organising test.
However the guy informed tha the meter seems ok and reported some OVER LOAD showing.
While I got checked my wiring which was well done as per standard with ELCB for all our 256 flats.

Now as per Mr. Mohanty I tried to contact CPRI for independent meter testing

They informed that there was contract earlier till 2010 which is expired so they are not doing.

Could you suggest some other insitution which does this testing.

Thankingyou,

Rejimon

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM, <Renu....@relianceada.com> wrote:
Dear Mr Rejimon,

At the outset we acknowledge receipt of your mail on the subject please

While on the subject, it would be worthwhile to place on record that your request for meter testing / health check has been escalated with your Business Manager Mr Tanmay Mohanty, Cell 9313499853 for an early resolution to your satisfaction please

Kindly feel free to revert for all further support / clarifications on the above please

Assuring you of our best services at all times

With warm regards,

RENU ANTONY
General Manager

Customer Care
Tel : 011 39999767

REJIMON C K <reji...@gmail.com>

02/13/2013 03:04 PM

"renu.antony" <Renu....@relianceada.com>
cc

Subject
Fwd: Meter Testing- 103435170

May 21, 2015, 1:28:00 PM5/21/15
to SD...@googlegroups.com, dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, Anil Sood, Rajiv Kakria

Finally DERC issued public notice for meter testing.(not exactly)

However...

Some LINE sound Joke if your meter found faulty then you will get reimbursed Rs 200 fee of testing.
What about loot all the while with faulty meters?

Send by Wireless Device

P_20150519_082728.jpg

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

May 21, 2015, 10:53:09 PM5/21/15
to dwarka-residents
Consumers should also be compensated for the over billing proposnately on the finding of the testing of the metres. Action against the DISCOM for installing fast metres, if found, is also required.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum