Kakrola-Wazirabad corridor to cut travel time in Delhi (Hindu)

sareendwarka

Sep 20, 2014, 5:41:56 AM9/20/14
to DWARKA FORUM

Kakrola-Wazirabad corridor to cut travel time in Delhi (Hindu)

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Delhi/kakrolawazirabad-corridor-to-cut-travel-time-in-delhi/article6425698.ece

The PWD has begun a feasibility study for this 26-km arterial road that will link Kakrola Mor near Dwarka to the upcoming Signature Bridge at Wazirabad.

Travel time as well as the distance between parts of West and North-East Delhi will come down drastically with the Public Works Department deciding to revive a project to construct an elevated corridor along the Najafgarh drain, which will link the two extremes of the Capital.

The PWD has begun a feasibility study for this 26-km arterial road that will link Kakrola Mor near Dwarka to the upcoming Signature Bridge at Wazirabad.

The fully-elevated stretch is expected to cut down the distance between Dwarka and parts of North-East Delhi by nearly 10 kilometres and decongest the Outer Ring Road, said PWD Chief Engineer Sarvagya Srivastava.

The corridor is proposed to be six-lane and is estimated to cost around Rs. 3,000 crore.

Presently, motorists coming from West Delhi have to drive along the Outer Ring Road to reach Wazirabad and vice versa.

Officials said the travel time would also come down by at least half an hour.

The project is part of several long-elevated stretches that have been planned and executed by the PWD like the one connecting Vikaspuri and Meera Bagh.

The elevated corridor will also provide a link to the seven-km Mangal Pandey Road that lies beyond the Signature Bridge and leads to the Uttar Pradesh border

MEtro_2115382f.jpg

Diwan Singh

Sep 20, 2014, 10:37:00 AM9/20/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Its very unfortunate that we are going on with more and more widening, elevation of roads without evaluating the impact. This will push load on Delhi further, as it would encourage further urbanisation and growth of cars.
Most worrisome is impact of these continual investments in city that attracts further migration.
Time is to decongest the city, but these investments do just the reverse.

Its a matter for proper urban research and planning. Presently, its all contract business, it seems.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Diwan Singh

Yamuna Satyagraha
Ridge Bachao Andolan
Campaign for Preservation of Commons

Shobhit Chauhan

Sep 21, 2014, 6:44:58 AM9/21/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
I echo the views of Mr. Diwan Singh. Environmental and Social and Economic Impact of each project that goes on ground must be assessed. Our so called development is causing irreparable damage to our environment. We all must give it a deep thought.

Shobhit Chauhan
RTI Activist
Founder President: Ek Sangharsh (Regd. NGO)
Mobile: 0-9717063875

P Print only if absolutely necessary

*Disclaimer:*
This Email message along with any attachments is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential/ privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. If the reader is not the intended recipient then any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this message is virus-free. Shobhit Chauhan does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this message or attachments.

Arun Banerjee

Sep 21, 2014, 6:46:11 AM9/21/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Diwanji is right. Mad urbanisation keeping aside population & vehicle density is just rush for more money.