DMRC - Improvement in Services.

Sanjeev Goyal

Jan 22, 2015, 11:51:36 AM1/22/15
to helpline helpline, mdm...@hotmail.com, secy...@nic.in, dwarka-residents

DWARKA FORUM Dwarka Ki Awaaz

                                          (Regn No. S-63070)

      (A Welfare Association of Residents & RWA's / CGHS Representatives of Dwarka Sub-City)

Regd. Office:

720, Pocket-1, Sector-14,

Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078

Phone No. 011-20514195

E-mail: dwark...@gmail.com

www.dwarkaforum.org

No. SKG/DMRC/010             dated 22 Jan 2015

SH. MANGU SINGH, MANAGING DIRECTOR, DMRC

Metro Bhawan, Fire Brigade Lane,

Barakhamba Road,
New Delhi - 110001, India. Board No. - 23417910/12
Fax No. - 23417921
help...@dmrc.org mdm...@hotmail.com

Dear Sir,

Sub: Suggestions or improvement in DMRC Services.

We have sent several suggestions, as per following details, to your esteemed office but it seems that these are yet to be processed.

(i)            Letter no. SKG/DMRC/007 dated 20 Nov 2014,

(ii)           Letter No. SKG/DMRC/008 dated 17 Dec 2014,

(iii)         Letter No. SKG/DMRC/009 dated 1 Jan 2014,

However, we iterate our views on some pressing issues and re-present some of them for early implementation without any cost.

Ø  Regulating entry & exit to Coaches: This is the biggest problem commuters’ face while travelling in metro. At present every gate in the car is serving both the jobs of exit & entry. On ‘junctions’ it is not less than trauma to brave exit or entry particularly during peak hours. Dedicating gates for one job is neither a new concept nor rocket science to understand. Those who have to get down occupy gate and create a battle like situation. Those who enter and have to get down after few stops don’t move ahead, apprehending tat coming back to gate might be a problem, thereby chocking gate area. We have suggested that center 2 gates be reserved for boarding and rest 2 for de-boarding, to help smooth dispersal of mob inside a coach & at station. As an alternate, this can be enforced on alternate gate basis. As per present system you are advising commuters to get down in single row standing in middle of gate – while for entering there are 2 rows – this leads to apparent fallacy? Scuffle & heated arguments have become a daily culture of metro travel. We assure you that suggested system just needs a declaration and will automatically get implemented by public forces in natural course. Those who have to board the train will obviously not stand in front of exit gate at stations and will make the whole process very smooth.

Ø  Infectious Diseases: DMRC has emerged as the largest public carrier for intra-city movement in Delhi. Its offspring’s, in near future are likely to gain similar position in other cities as well. While during peak hours metro coaches are running in fully packed condition, during other time of the day as well there is reasonable rush inside car. This is an ideal condition for spread of infectious diseases. During peak hours passengers stand in close proximity and ‘faces’ are not having even one feet difference from each other. This may tag DMRC a potential carrier of infectious diseases. We request that DMRC to promote a culture of wearing mask by people who suffer with cough, cold, TB and other similar communicable ailments. This may be added on the sign-boards on stations showing etiquette of travelling in DMRC. For ease of availability these medicated masks should be available on all small shops operating from stations. This is required to inculcate a culture of wearing mask by patients, so that they don’t spread infection unintentionally.

Ø  Revenue Generation: We had earlier suggested that sponsors be allowed the right to decorate the stations & given advertisement rights on festival season or as per demand including on national rejoices. For example during Deepawali & New Year corporate may come up for decorating chosen stations on a fixed days slot basis and allowed to publicize their products against fee. Else the large corporates including public sector giants may avail the opportunity for brand building. This in fact is a small version of recent move of DMRC to auction station for garnering more revenue.  This will not only reduce DMRC’s house-keeping cost but also give commuters a new feel while travelling thru metro. It is likely that there can huge demand for such an arrangement at all busy stations particularly junctions. The decorated stations will do away with dry concrete look, at present stations give.

Hoping for a considered review. Please acknowledge.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

(S K Goyal)

Secretary – Dwarka Forum

D-103 Shivam Apartment,

Plot-14, Sector-12, Dwarka,

New Delhi-110078.

Copy to: (1) Shri Shankar Aggarwal, Chairman, DMRC Ltd.& Secretary, MoUD, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011. secy...@nic.in – with a request to seek ATR from DMRC.

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Jan 22, 2015, 10:57:44 PM1/22/15
to dwarka-residents
Good, Point 2 on infectious diseases is novel thought and important.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Jan 22, 2015, 10:57:50 PM1/22/15
to dwarka-residents
Thought on decorating the stations and earn revenue is also novel and hope that DMRC will accept it.

Sareen Dwarka

Jan 23, 2015, 10:10:17 AM1/23/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, dwarka-residents
Out of box thinking of goyal sahib.

Hope DMRC consider it and try at few stations-trains to see effectiveness of these valuable suggestions

Sent from my iPhone

R. Dua

Jan 23, 2015, 10:36:06 PM1/23/15
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Am also for revenue gen point.
Request Respected DMRC to consider same.
Sp Thnx to Shri Goyal ji for same. Can be applied to Railways too.
Regards to all.