Fw: Dwarka- Blue line - connectivity between Dwarka and Dwarka Sector 21

sudha_...@hotmail.com

Oct 17, 2014, 9:58:23 AM10/17/14
to Dwarka Forum Google
Fyi
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

From: "DWARKA FORUM(Regd S/63070)" <dwark...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:22:25 +0530
Cc: Dwarka Forum GB Members Only<df...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Dwarka- Blue line - connectivity between Dwarka and Dwarka Sector 21

DWARKA FORUM Dwarka Ki Awaaz

                                          (Regn No. S-63070)

      (A Welfare Association of Residents & RWA's / CGHS Representatives of Dwarka Sub-City)

Regd. Office:

720, Pocket-1, Sector-14,

Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078

October 17, 2014

Mr. Sharat Sharma

Director – Operations

DMRC

New Delhi

Subject: Dwarka - Metro Service

Dear Mr. Sharma,

Greetings from Dwarka Forum!

We would like to draw your attention to the several complaints lodged to the customer service centre by Resident of Dwarka regarding the subject matter. We have been giving our feedback regularly to DMRC but, unfortunately, we do not seem to get the specific response to our questions instead we receive either an auto generated mail or a very generic mail.

We have been constantly raising the issue of Blue line Metro Line, Dwarka  - running perpetually late. Lot of complaints have been registered with the customer service but with no satisfactory answer. We would like to know the following:

1.   Why are the trains running late? – Specially with Blue line – it has become a saga of sorts.  All the trains run late 10-15minutes behind schedule on an average at peak hours. Please check the data for few months.)

  1. Why does most of the 99% train terminate at Dwarka Station? (We have not received any satisfactory response to this main question of ours for last 7 months!) Finally we managed to get some information from a DMRC source who mentioned that:

-“it is not viable to run each train till Sector 21 as the occupancy is less than 30% !!” Can we get a clarification on this 30% :

    • if all the seats are occupied – is it 100% occupancy ?
    • What is 100% occupancy in metro train?
    • There will be less than 30% occupancy between many stations.
    • It is but natural that as the destination nears the train will be empty and occupancy will be less.
    • So logic of 30% occupancy does not hold good.
    • The occupancy must be measured on an overall basis non on train-to-train basis.
    • When this study was conducted. We are sure since then there is significant increase in population of sub-city in recent past.
    • DMRC is running a campaign to promote the airport metro – but if the connecting metro train to inside Dwarka is not available frequently – how it will happen?
    • Peak Hour – Please let us know the “Time” – defined as Peak Hour.
    • 9am – I assume its peak hour – the waiting time is 10 minutes towards Sector 21!

-        Further adds that by doing this “DMRC is saving energy!” Very good initiative. But please explain:

    •  How much energy is saved by terminating the trains at Sector 21?
    • When the train is overloaded how much energy is consumed?

-        It is good to know that DMRC is saving energy but, unfortunately it is happening at the behest of customer convenience.

-        Residents of this sub-city are stranded at the entrance of Dwarka and are put to inconvenience for no reason.

-        Dwarka Commuter’s convenience seems to a last priority with DMRC.

Our suggestions & Demand:

-     All train should terminate at Sector 21.

-     If not “all” - every alternate train must terminate at Sector 21.

-     Duration between trains – should not be more than 3-4 minutes (at present it is 10minutes, even during peak hour)

-     To conserve Energy – the AC can be lowered

-     The trains can run a bit slow, if that helps in conserving energy.

Dwarka residents are put to lot of inconvenience by terminating the trains at Dwarka Station without any backup train till Sector 21The whole purpose is defeated if we do not have the last minute connectivity.

We do expect DMRC to take note of the above mentioned issues and take immediate action to rectify the problem.

Looking forward to hearing from you at the earliest.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,

Sudha

Vice President- Dwarka Forum

Phone No. 011-20514195

E-mail: dwark...@gmail.com

www.dwarkaforum.org

l-sharat sharma - dirc ops-October 15, 14.doc

amit handa

Oct 19, 2014, 12:43:57 AM10/19/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, sudha_...@hotmail.com
very nice initiative Sudha ji!
metro service has degraded within dwarka, grave matter of concern since its often the only way to commute to/from Dwarka.

Arun Banerjee

Oct 19, 2014, 1:33:48 AM10/19/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

What is the passenger density b'ween the 2 stn.
Arun

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/