Installation of Mobile Towers in Parks of Dwarka: A Massive Protest by Residents Underway!

Shobhit Chauhan

Nov 25, 2014, 11:19:36 AM11/25/14
to CE Dwarka, LG Email, lgd...@dda.org.in, c...@dda.org.in, dg...@nic.in, sgn...@nic.in, dig-...@nic.in, dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, Akhilesh Pandey - Jagran City, rajesh ranjan singh, Risha Chitlangia, Anil Balyan, baishaliadak, REJIMON C K, vishal gupta, Shanu Wadhwa, News Express, Dr. Rajeev Tyagi, sandeep yadav, uma shankar, Upendra Kumar, vc...@dda.org.in, in...@zeenetwork.com, Prem Bihari Mishra, Dwarka Parichay, Naresh Lamba, brij lal kapoor, Mahendra Kumar Gupta, Shashi Kapoor, sushil kumar, sd...@googlegroups.com, Bharti Fotedar, Diwan Singh, Mr. Mukesh Sinha, Sukhnaib Mann, Adyasha Pattanayak, Aki Gupta, Akshay Sagar, Apurva Kumar, atim rana, MANISH GODARA, Ravi, Sanyam Gupta, Arun Banerjee, ajey bharat, SK MALIK, Pradeep Bansal, (Metro Mines), Bodh OO, shameera ashroff, asheesh mamgain, teena sharma, reader...@thehindu.co.in, aj...@ndtv.com, ana...@abpnews.in, auth...@nbanewdelhi.com, editor.i...@indiatimes.co.in, edi...@ibnkhabar.com, edit...@mm.co.in, feed...@expressindia.com, feed...@hindustantimes.com, hemant...@indiatvnews.com, in...@abpnews.com, in...@newsnation.in, in...@timesnow.tv, kaushik...@bagnetwork.in, lega...@timesgroup.com, na...@zeenetwork.com, punee...@aajtak.com, spea...@timesgroup.com, vivek....@timesgroup.com, web.th...@thehindu.co.in, w...@media-sahara.com, Ranjanam Dhoolsiras
Greetings!

The DDA which boasts of it green areas is nothing less than a epidemic to city's greens. It never thinks before damaging the green areas around. Among a series of damages caused to greens, the latest one comes in form of Mobile Communication Towers in DDA Parks in Dwarka Sub-City. Following is the list of sites of a few of the towers to be installed in Dwarka. Work on few places has already started. See the attached pictures, how trees are being damaged. Children's playing area is being encroached upon for a little money which DDA will get from these Communication Towers. These towers will have generator sets for emergency power backup, which will create another nuisance and will take away a lot of green area and playing area.

The M/s Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd is installing the tower in Dwarka.The CE Dwarka has issued order on 31-10-14 & work will be executed in area under jurisdiction of SE CC-2,13 & 17.
The list of sites is :
1.In front of ROHIT CGHS, Plot-30,Sec-10.
2.Left Hand side of Swami Dayanand CGHS,sec-6.
3.RHS of Sant Nirankari Bhawan seC-19,Dwarka.
4.Jinvani Bharti School sec-4.
5.RHS of Bahawlpur CGHS Sec-6.
6.In front of National Institute of Technology sec-9.
7.In front of Swami Dayanad sec-6.
8.In front of Indian oil Petrol Pump High Land Aptts sec-12.
9.In front of Rosewood sec-13.
10.Infront of DIA Appts Plot 1A,SEC-13 PH-1.
11.Panchsheel sec-4.
12.Infront of flat no.412 to 410 sec9,pkt-1.
13.Himachal aptts sec-5.
14.Daimond square sec-8.
15.Janki aptts sec-22.
16.Road no 205-sec-10.
17.Veena Residency sec-22

On May 31, 2011 a World Health Organization report stated, "The electromagnetic fields produced by mobile phones are classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Class 2B)." Number of cancer cases are already on a rise in Dwarka area. DDA IS SLOWLY PLANNING TO CHOKE DWARKA. IS THE CHIEF ENGINEER OF DDA-DWARKA, THE NEW VICEROY OF INDIA WHO HAS ALL POWERS TO DECIDE EVERYTHING FOR DWARKA? THERE ARE SO MANY ACTIVE ORGANISATIONS IN DWARKA WHICH WORK DAY AND NIGHT FOR THEWELFARE OF DWARKA AND ONE SINGLE AUTHORITY DECIDES EVERYTHING WHICH UNDOES ALL OUR EFFORTS. LET DDA DECLARE DWARKA AS AN EXPERIMENTAL KILLER ZONE. ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO LIVE IN MESS IN NAME OF A ZERO TOLERANCE MODEL SUB-CITY CAN INVEST CRORES IN DWARKA AND THEN BE AT MERCY OF ONE OFFICIAL WHO WILL DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT THEY CAN SURVIVE.

I am calling upon all residents of Dwarka to come together and demand cancellation of the above mentioned order. Dwarka residents and activists will never-ever let DDA or the Chief Engineer play with their lives. Its high time, Dwarka will unite and raise its voice at every platform.

Shobhit Chauhan
RTI Activist
Founder President: Ek Sangharsh (Regd. NGO)
Mobile: 0-9717063875

P Print only if absolutely necessary

*Disclaimer:*
This Email message along with any attachments is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential/ privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. If the reader is not the intended recipient then any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this message is virus-free. Shobhit Chauhan does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this message or attachments.
Sector 04, Nr. Newjyoti Apt.jpg
Sector 04, Nr. New Jyoti 1.jpg
Sector 6 Communication Tower in Park.jpg

bOdh

Nov 25, 2014, 11:46:46 PM11/25/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shobhit,

Hope you are doing great

Just saw the email

Any idea what our Councillor and MLA, Mr. Rajesh Gehlot, stands on this ?

Thanks and great work

Let me know if I could be of any use

bOdh
971 134 5244

to express yourself better, click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuHNVYW4tW0

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Rama N

Nov 26, 2014, 1:12:25 AM11/26/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Shobhit the issue is simple. After the final ZONAL plan for any location is finalised where green area is marked, there cannot be any owner for such marked green space - it belong to public at large. Thereafter, the green area can have a custodian (here under the law, we have HORTICULTURE department) who shall maintain the same as green (a land earmarked for green necessarily don't have to be green to qualify for park - even if green is not maintained, such area shall remain like that as these lungs created for the community). The above stated is the stand of SUPREME COURT followed by various high courts... Given the above position, DDA/ LG or MCD no one can claim ownership of open space (marked as such in ZONAL plan)- If you don't own the subject, where the hell one can have right to lease/ sell/ transfer/ license ? You can give anything to anyone, first you show own the stuff you GIVE !!!!

DDA for all practical purposes is not a public office - it is a pure FINANCE COMPANY ( On a lighter note, if DDA move supreme court with a plea that RTI is not applicable to us, SUPREME COURT will rule in their favour !!).

NGT may be an option but courts are not going to be any help. To take a decision on such an issue, the courts are playing football for the past 7-8 years.

Rama

Sareen Dwarka

Nov 26, 2014, 10:57:56 PM11/26/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends

Their are in fact strict DoT regulation on this, inviting Rs 10 lac penalty for each violation (over permitted signal levels). Radiation level for India is 1/10 of the limit prescribed by ICNIRP world levels.

Further, erection of tower around school and hosp also listed in SC under SLP.

We can invite reps of COAI and DoT to come and share complete info end-to-end on this.

DEARKA FORUM can lead this, RWA/CGHS need to provide community hall to enable people attend and raise concerns raised in below mails.

Volunteer CGHS/RWA please confirm willingness and availability of space on any Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone

Shobhit Chauhan

Nov 27, 2014, 5:19:26 AM11/27/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Sunil ji
Your initiative (DF) to invite people from DoT and COAI is appreciable. Bigger question, who will explain damage being caused to green areas? There are two questions; one is about the radiations and its harmful effects. Second question is about installation in GREEN AREAS. Even if these towers meet all guidelines with regard to radiation, the same should still be not allowed in parks. It would be a huge damage. Let parks be parks and not commercial zones.

Hope, you will consider the second question as well even as I am making efforts at my level.

Shobhit Chauhan
RTI Activist
Founder President: Ek Sangharsh (Regd. NGO)
Mobile: 0-9717063875

Harjit Bawa

Nov 27, 2014, 5:20:23 AM11/27/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Great going Shobhitji. We must take a call and raise our voice against this project causing health hazards and threat to the life of thousands of citizens living in this zone.

On 25-Nov-2014, at 10:45 PM, "'bOdh' via DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" <dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Shobhit,

Hope you are doing great

Just saw the email

Any idea what our Councillor and MLA, Mr. Rajesh Gehlot, stands on this ?

Thanks and great work

Let me know if I could be of any use

bOdh
971 134 5244

to express yourself better, click TEDxToronto - Dave Meslin "Redefining Apathy"

Surjit Chetal

Nov 27, 2014, 5:32:24 AM11/27/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
All the best Shobnit Pl do continuedo this wonderful service to the society.They must avoid Parks where people go for morning walk/ yoga etc.If need be we shud involve Baba Ramdev.He does hv influence in this Govt
Chetal S K

Sareen Dwarka

Nov 27, 2014, 10:11:11 AM11/27/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com, dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Fully in sync with views and concerns raised by learnt and alert citizens of dwarka on subject matter.

Because legally its allowed and regulation are in place.
Therefore we need to plan and act accordingly to get this implemented in appropriate manner . we need to understand existing provisions and channelise our collective strength in right direction for faster results.

Sent from my iPhone

Arun Banerjee

Nov 27, 2014, 10:21:35 AM11/27/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Has land use for Green area been changed? Towers are commercial activity.

Arun
অরূণ ব্যানার্জী
αrun ßanerjee
Use email save tree

Arun Banerjee

Nov 28, 2014, 12:05:01 AM11/28/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Everything is in order but how land use of green area is changed?
Arun

Shobhit Chauhan

Nov 28, 2014, 12:07:03 AM11/28/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Sareen ji!

We are still going in the wrong direction. The entire issue is about
the location of these towers. Why in Parks? Are they allowed? As Arun
ji has been pointing out, land use needs to be changed which in itself
is a long process.

One more thing. DDA's possession letter to Reliance Jio Infocomm no
where specifies the location. It simply says in front or back of such
and such society. Today, residents of sector 22 and 23 stopped the
work in both sectors as the list and permission letter nowhere said
that the tower is to be in the parks. DDA and Reliance are playing
safe and are fooling around with people. We all need to collect
together and get the work stopped till the time DDA gives in writing
that towers are to be installed in parks and once DDA gives in writing
the same, we will approach the high court or NGT for injunction!
:)

On 27/11/2014, Arun Banerjee <banerj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> <http://www.facebook.com/chauhanshobhit24>*
>>> *Twitter: www.twitter.com/chauhanshobhit
>>> <http://www.twitter.com/chauhanshobhit>*
>>> *Blog: www.chauhanshobhit24.blogspot.com
>>> <http://www.chauhanshobhit24.blogspot.com/> *
>>> *Website: www.eksangharshindia.org <http://www.eksangharshindia.org/> *
>>>

>>> *P Print only if absolutely necessary*
>>>
>>> **Disclaimer:* *
> *অরূণ ব্যানার্জী *
> --
> Membership Application- Please visit...
> http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/
>
> We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
> DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
> ---
> "DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" group.
> email to dwarka-residen...@googlegroups.com.

*Shobhit Chauhan*

*RTI Activist*
*Founder President: Ek Sangharsh (Regd. NGO)*

Arun Banerjee

Nov 28, 2014, 2:41:13 AM11/28/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Furthering Shobhit's write up, change of land use needs public opinion - objections / suggestions. Which in this case seems missing, smelling foul play.
Arun

Shubhi Mehrotra

Dec 2, 2014, 2:43:11 AM12/2/14
to dwarka-residents
Dear all,
We should gather near sports complex after Raahgiri schedule on 7 Dec. Decision as what should be done regarding these towers can be taken jointly by Dwarka Forum and Other Dwarka residents. We should not compromise on health and safety measures.

regards
Shubhi Mehrotra

Pankaj P

Dec 4, 2014, 5:49:17 AM12/4/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
I think DDA top brass would be in Dwarka for inaugurating Raahgiri; can't we approach them before the start of event.

We can also engage the Media and put across our issue wrt to Mobile Towers inside parks.

Regards,

Pankaj