Dwarka water supply be measured through flow meter: Delhi HC to DDA

SK MALIK

Sep 18, 2014, 12:12:47 PM9/18/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
Dwarka water supply be measured through flow meter: Delhi HC to DDA
Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 18:57

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday directed DDA to measure through flow metres the water it is supplying to Dwarka residents, saying there is no clarity on that aspect.
A bench of justices BD Ahmed and Siddharth Mridul issued the direction after residents of Dwarka complained of inadequate water supply despite commissioning of 10 additional bore wells by Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in that area recently.
Concerned over whether water being drawn from the bore wells is being supplied to Dwarka residents or sold through water tankers, the court directed installation of flow metres in the main command tanks which are getting water from the tube wells.
"Eight borewells have been connected to command tank 4 in sector 20 of Dwarka. Two other borewells are connected to command tank 2 in sector 12. Only rough estimates have been suggested regarding water supply. We feel extent of water collected in these tanks should be metered and amount of supply should be indicated."
"In respect of the four bore wells which are being used to fill water tankers to supply far off areas in Dwarka, it has to be indicated how much water is being supplied through the tankers. Affidavit indicating the above be filed before the next date of hearing," the court said.
While directing metering of the water supply, the bench said, "We want measurement by flow metres and not by height. When there is scientific equipment available, why don't you use it?"
It also directed DDA to keep a log of how much power is used by them to run the tube wells as well as the duration of its operation so that in case of any query regarding water supply, all the data can be provided. During the proceedings, DDA placed before the court its affidavit indicating location of all the 14 operational bore wells in Dwarka with pictures as directed by the bench earlier.
It submitted before the court that 10 of the borewells are connected to main command tanks where water is filled by using submersible motors for 12-14 hours and remaining four are used to fill water tankers which supply far off areas of Dwarka.
It also informed the court that each borewell generates 12,000 litres of water per hour. However, residents of the area questioned whether the bore wells are operational as they were not getting any supply.
DDA, meanwhile, also assured the court that it will increase from three to five the number of tankers supplying the EPDP CGHS society, which is a petitioner in the matter.
EPDP has contended that despite having the highest number of flats in Dwarka, it is supplied through tankers the same amount of water as given to smaller societies, after which DDA assured it will increase the number of tankers.
The bench was hearing the two separate pleas of Delhi EPDP CGHS and Dwarka Forum which have moved the court seeking directions to the authorities, including the Delhi Jal Board (DJB), to provide more water to the area.
The two organisations, representing residents of Dwarka, have contended that they require 17.5 MGD of water. They have said they were earlier getting 3 MGD of water which increased to 4 MGD after about six bore-wells were dug by DDA in the area.
DJB had told the court that it is providing around 4 MGD water to Dwarka, through DDA, from its water treatment plant at Nangloi and apart from that they are getting about 2 MGD from other sources.
It had also said that a 40 MGD water treatment plant, set up at a cost of over Rs 800 crore, has been built in Dwarka and is awaiting water from Munak canal for it to become operational.
It had said once the plant becomes operational, it will solve the water woes of Dwarka.
PTI

Arun Banerjee

Sep 19, 2014, 12:59:52 AM9/19/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

There is no mention of illegal tapping from DDA's main supply pipe line.

And also borewell water are temporary arrangements & more importantly inviting natural disaster by extracting 12,000 litres of water per borewell per hour.

Surprising & mind boggling. This is how capitals premiere DDA plan new sub city. Really they are Master Planner.

There is no denying & doubt that residents of planned sub-city are being cheated by DDA & politicians. As with their intervention illegal connections in their vote bank clusters are flourishing.

--
Membership Application- Please visit...
http://www.dwarkaforum.org/self-support/

We are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dwarkaforum
DWARKA FORUM (Regd) www.dwarkaforum.org
---

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Sep 19, 2014, 1:00:20 AM9/19/14
to dwarka-residents
Thanks to the EPDP CGHS for filling the case in Court on this.  Thanks to Mr. S.K. Malik for circulating this news for the information of members.  For us, Mr. Malik is "water man" of Dwarka.   There should be more co-ordination between Dwarka Forum and the EPDP Management/ petitioner for the purpose of battle in Court as the DF has also filed a PIL.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Mahendra Kumar Gupta <mkgup...@gmail.com> wrote:
Now, Court has to come to the rescue of Dwarkaites.  It shows trust deficit in DDA.  The public has lost its trust on DDA long back.

SK MALIK

Sep 19, 2014, 5:45:46 AM9/19/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

I met president of EPDP CGHS month back for Cooperation & Coordination

But response was not positive

DWARKA FORUM (Regd) http://www.dwarkaforum.org/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DWARKA FORUM (Regd)" group.

Arun Banerjee

Sep 19, 2014, 10:50:34 PM9/19/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Malik Saab I, from the depth of my heart appreciate your effort.  I feel sad when we discussed the issue. One must extend help & coordinate when DF has approached a Society on the issue affecting all.

Mahendra Kumar Gupta

Sep 20, 2014, 1:33:55 AM9/20/14
to dwarka-residents
The conduct of EPDP CGHS is far from expectation.  Common cause should have common approach but that cannot be forced.

SK MALIK

Sep 20, 2014, 5:23:57 AM9/20/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

How we together fight for public cause
Mr Arun shared RTI reply “Chief Engineer Dwarka admitted Water Theft, No Police Investigation in Water Theft FIR & Political Protection to Criminal” with me.
On Sep 12, 2014 I submitted same in Delhi High Court in Dwarka Forum Water PIL. We told to court this is not only shortage of water but Law & Order Issue also. We informed court about forceful entry by mob & taking over control for water distribution in Command Tank -2 of Dwarka. Court took serious issue on this.
This was possible due to RTI document shared by DF member.
DDA always talk in air, we requested to court to instruct the DDA to talk availability of Water in Dwarka in Measurable Quantity
I again appeal to all ask for more water, get your complaint of water shortage dairy in DDA Office. We will submit same on next hearing Oct 30, 2014 in court to prove false claim of increasing water supply by DDA.
Share the documentary evidence to Convince the Court.
LET US ACT IN GROUP, WE WILL GET SOME RELIEF

Arun Banerjee

Sep 20, 2014, 10:36:11 AM9/20/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Malik Saab,
Latest information I would like to share.
DJB will not provide water immediately for the newly built up 2360 EWS flats (DWK only).
Details to follow.
Arun Banerjee

Diwan Singh

Sep 20, 2014, 10:36:51 AM9/20/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com
These borewells will worsen the water condition of Dwarka. The ground water is  our emergency reservoir. Over exploitation leads to depletion, contamination and degradation of these resources. Published studies by Delhi University have attested this fact. A study has been shared earlier on this Forum. Under no condition, we should have accepted this solution.
--
Diwan Singh

Yamuna Satyagraha
Ridge Bachao Andolan
Campaign for Preservation of Commons

SK MALIK

Sep 20, 2014, 11:55:53 AM9/20/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

DDA shall tell this to buyer. Shall be in brochure, otherwise cheating.
Buyer shall be told they have to manage house with Bisleri Bottle Water.
Because to produce one Bottle of Besleri three bottle of ground water extracted. Two bottle goes to sewer treatment plant and to drain.

Arun Banerjee

Sep 21, 2014, 6:25:35 AM9/21/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Malik Saab, Am making story for d press with documentary evidence. I am not at my home & hopefully 2day evening will return and start the work.

Our domestic RO system also runs on the same system. More wastage than usage.

it's being used for wet moping of d house, watering plants & also in toilets for flushing. And I'm very happy that I am at least trying to save some drops of water which otherwise will go to drain.
Arun

Arun Banerjee

Sep 21, 2014, 6:46:05 AM9/21/14
to dwarka-r...@googlegroups.com

Govt is crazy for money overlooking the adverse effect on environment.
We will live but what we will left for next generation. Did ever thought of it or we are selfish thinking of yourself only.