AIMS Biodiversity School, 10 - 21 May 2021. Kindly circulate

rosita yocgo

Apr 25, 2021, 12:21:40 PM4/25/21
to DS...@listserv.uga.edu
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Rwanda, in conjunction with the Mathematical Biosciences Hub, Stellenbosch University and the Centre of Excellence for Biodiversity and Natural Resource Management, University of Rwanda, is pleased to announce that applications for the Biodiversity Summer School BIODIVERSITY INFORMATICS: Creating, Accessing and Analyzing biodiversity data are now open. This summer school will introduce participants to the fast growing field of biodiversity informatics and the research and career opportunities it presents.
513px-Forest_on_Barro_Colorado.png
What is Biodiversity Informatics?
Human wellbeing depends on millions of interacting species. Powerful information systems are needed to grow our knowledge on these species so we can manage them for the sake of people and our planet. This is Biodiversity Informatics!

The summer school will run online from the 10th to the 21st of May, 2021 and is offered free of charge to participants who hold a Bachelor of Science degree in either biodiversity and conservation, mathematics, bio-mathematics, ecology, ecological modelling, or their related disciplines.

Places are limited and the deadline for application is the 5th of May, 2021.

Please visit the website https://bit.ly/32FdqrZ for further information.

Kind regards,
Dr Rosita Yocgo, on behalf of the Organizing Committee
AIMS-Rwanda

--
Dr Rosita E. Yocgo
Researcher

African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Rwanda
Research Affiliate, Faculty of Science, University of Stellenbosch