[CFP] I Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Development (AI4D) - CAEPIA 20/21

Camilo Corrales

Apr 8, 2021, 10:32:26 AM4/8/21
to DS...@listserv.uga.edu

Dear colleague,

We are writing to you in relation to the I Artificial Intelligence for Development (AI4D) Workshop that we are organizing and we believe it may be of interest to you. This workshop is part of the Conference of the Spanish Association for Artificial Intelligence (CAEPIA) that will be held from 22 to 24 September 2021 in Malaga, Spain.

Please check the information about the workshop on the website https://caepia20-21.uma.es/w_ai4d.html and if you are interested in submitting your research papers, please let one of the workshop organizers know as soon as possible. Please note that the deadline for submission of papers is 10 May.

In addition, we would also appreciate it if you submit this email to those colleagues and students who may be interested.

It is a fact that nowadays, Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) has become a transversal tool with applicability in a wide variety of fields. A.I. is a powerful and transformative technology that, used in the right way, could accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations to eradicate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. The first Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Development (WAI4D 20/21) aims to bring together researchers who use Artificial Intelligence as a tool for the achievement of SDGs to share their views on the subject and discuss research and development agendas for the coming years. The workshop will accept contributions, both theoretical and applied, related to the use of A.I. in the achievement of the SDGs.

Topics:

Topics of interest for AI4D 20/21 include, but are not limited to, the following:

·        Climate action.

·        Improving education.

·        Agricultural productivity.

·        Equality, gender, and inclusiveness.

·        Smart health care.

·        Smart and sustainable cities.

·        Ethical aspects.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in September in Malaga.

  • David Camilo Corrales Muñoz, Institut national de la recherche agronomique (INRAe), Email: davidcamilo....@inrae.fr
  • José Antonio Iglesias Martínez, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Email: jigl...@inf.uc3m.es
  • Agapito Ledezma Espino, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Email: led...@inf.uc3m.es
  • Elias Said Hung, Universidad Internacional de La Rioja,            Email: elias...@unir.net