2 x PhD studentships in machine learning for agriculture at University of Manchester

Timothy Foster

May 10, 2018, 10:12:41 AM5/10/18
to DS...@listserv.uga.edu
Dear colleagues,

I currently have two open opportunities for PhD students to join my group at the University of Manchester to conduct research focused on the:

(1) Design and assessment of intelligent irrigation management tools using machine learning methods, smart sensors, and crop models in collaboration with Netafim (https://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=91278).

(2) Application of machine learning, smartphone and satellite imagery, and crop modelling to assess and manage weather-related risks to smallholder agriculture in collaboration with the International Food Policy Research Institute (https://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=97932).

I would greatly appreciate if you could circulate this vacancy with any potential candidates that you might have within your network. For informal discussions about the position, candidates can contact me via email (timothy...@manchester.ac.uk).

The deadline for applications is 30 May 2018, and full funding for 3.5 years is available on a competitive basis for UK/EU students.

Best regards,

Tim Foster

Tim Foster, PhD
Lecturer in Water-Food Security
School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
Room B14 | Pariser Building |
The University of Manchester | Sackville Street | M13 9PL