Problem with semicolons in bitstreams' name

Walter Nakamura

Sep 17, 2018, 9:22:31 PM9/17/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi, guys!

We're having a problem with dspace and semicolons in filenames. When we upload a file without a semicolon in its name, the file opens as usual. However, when it has a semicolon, dspace gives an error saying that the identifier is invalid. If I edit the filename in dspace after its upload, the bitstream works again. Is it normal? Is there any way to workaround this problem?

Thank you!

Tim Donohue

Sep 18, 2018, 10:32:46 AM9/18/18
to Walter Nakamura, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Walter,

I just tried uploading a PDF with a semicolon in its name to our demo server (currently running DSpace 6.3).

It works fine from the XMLUI: http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui/handle/10673/5
However, it looks like the JSPUI has difficulty with the semicolon: http://demo.dspace.org/jspui/handle/10673/5  (It throws an invalid identifier error.)

So, this looks to be a bug in the JSPUI. I'm not aware of a fix at this time, but I logged the bug at: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4011

- Tim

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org

Walter Nakamura

Sep 18, 2018, 1:45:29 PM9/18/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi, Tim! In fact, we're using JSPUI.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I'll be waiting for the updates regarding this issue.

- Walter

Walter Nakamura

Sep 18, 2018, 1:46:21 PM9/18/18
to DSpace Technical Support
I mean "indeed" instead of "in fact". Sorry! :)