Sql4D and Database Management Software Tools (DbVisualizer, SQL Workbench...)

Torche Guillaume

Apr 6, 2015, 8:41:46 PM4/6/15
to druid...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have been looking into the SQL interface for Druid Sql4D: https://github.com/srikalyc/Sql4D.

On the Github project they provide Java JDBC like driver for druid. I was wondering if someone has succeeded in using these drivers with a Database Management Software like DbVisualizer or SQL Workbench.

I have tried with DbVisualizer but it doesn't recognize any driver when I load the Sql4Ddriver jar. Does anyone know how I can achieve that?

It would be amazing for my team to be able to query Druid with simple SQL queries using this kind of Database management Software :)

Thank you for your help!

Guillaume

Fangjin Yang

Apr 9, 2015, 1:42:19 AM4/9/15
to druid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Torche, let me try to get some people more familiar with Sql4D to respond.

Torche Guillaume

Apr 9, 2015, 1:45:33 AM4/9/15
to Fangjin Yang, druid...@googlegroups.com

Sounds good thank you Fangjin!

Srikalyan chandra

Apr 9, 2015, 8:48:37 PM4/9/15
to druid...@googlegroups.com, fangj...@gmail.com
Hi Torche, you cannot use the Sql4D as a JDBC driver (it is not built with compliance). That being said we do have plans to achieve this in coming quarters. So you cannot integrate it to any tools that talks pure JDBC.

Thanks
kalyan

Torche Guillaume

Apr 9, 2015, 8:53:48 PM4/9/15
to Srikalyan chandra, druid...@googlegroups.com, Fangjin Yang
Hi chandra,

That's what I thought. Thank you for confirming this and for your work on Sql4D. This is a great project and what you have accomplished so far is impressive!

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume Torche
Computer engineering student - Université Technologique de Compiègne (UTC)
0033 6 60 48 51 23

anindita dey

Apr 11, 2016, 10:46:57 PM4/11/16
to Druid User, srikalyan.c...@gmail.com, fangj...@gmail.com
Hi Chandra,

Could you please let me know if now we can use SQLWorkBench to use Sql4DDriver.

Thanks
Ani

Fangjin Yang

Apr 12, 2016, 1:57:50 AM4/12/16