Druid 0.9.0-rc2

Gian Merlino

Feb 23, 2016, 8:33:28 PM2/23/16
to druid-de...@googlegroups.com, druid...@googlegroups.com
We're happy to announce our next release candidate, Druid 0.9.0-rc2!

You can download it here:

Draft release notes are at:

Please file GitHub issues if you find any bugs.

Thanks to all of you who contributed issues, docs, and code!

Gian

Prashant Deva

Feb 23, 2016, 8:59:12 PM2/23/16
to Druid User, druid-de...@googlegroups.com
About the new extension mechanism:

Its unclear where does one now download the extensions from.
Previously all we had to do was specify a maven style id for it.
now how do we load the extensions and their deps into a dir?

On this page, the link to pull-deps is broken.

Something that might be very helpful would be to provide a full example of laoding say the kafka extension.

The example here assumes you have already download the extension and its dependencies. It is unclear where to download them from in the first place.

charles.allen

Feb 24, 2016, 4:06:29 PM2/24/16
to Druid User, druid-de...@googlegroups.com
I thought it was supposed to be found at http://druid.io/docs/latest/operations/including-extensions.html (note `latest` instead of `0.8.3`) but it looks like the website hasn't been updated yet.

Fangjin

Feb 24, 2016, 4:10:28 PM2/24/16
to Druid User, druid-de...@googlegroups.com

charles.allen

Fangjin

Feb 24, 2016, 4:17:51 PM2/24/16
to druid-de...@googlegroups.com, Druid User
latest == latest release (stable)

Shuai Chang

Mar 6, 2016, 11:55:19 PM3/6/16
to Druid User, druid-de...@googlegroups.com
Below command in https://github.com/druid-io/druid/blob/master/docs/content/operations/pull-deps.md (linked from the release note) does not work as mysql-metadata-storage:0.9.0 is probably not in maven yet, I worked around this by changing 0.9.0 to 0.8.3. Server started up fine but hopefully no other compatibility issues

java -classpath "/my/druid/library/*" io.druid.cli.Main tools pull-deps --clean -c io.druid.extensions:mysql-metadata-storage:0.9.0 -c io.druid.extensions:druid-examples:0.9.0 -h org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-client:2.3.0 -h org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-client:2.4.