Custom Fonts

Matt Read

Jul 23, 2017, 7:25:07 PM7/23/17
to draw.io
Hi,

How exactly does the Custom Fonts field work?

I've tried a number of different variables around trying to insert fonts from Google Fonts, but not had much success.

I can't find any documentation on this functionality.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

asdffasdfasdf.PNG

Gaudenz Alder

Jul 23, 2017, 7:29:41 PM7/23/17
to draw.io
Currently you can only use fonts that are installed on your system.
Message has been deleted

Matt Read

Jul 23, 2017, 9:22:57 PM7/23/17
to draw.io
Thanks for that info.

For anyone else reading this:

- Find the font you want on https://fonts.google.com/
- Download the zip of the font
- Follow https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/install/ on how to install the font on your system
- Restart Chrome or your browser of choice (so the fonts can be loaded in).

Click on the Custom font field, and write the name of the font you've installed. - I've attached an image showing how.

Thanks,

Matt
fonts.PNG

David Benson

Jul 24, 2017, 5:24:36 AM7/24/17
to draw.io
It's an interesting idea to use them directly. I've added a feature request at https://draw.uservoice.com/forums/266072-feature-requests/suggestions/20245678-add-support-for-using-google-fonts-remotely so you can vote for it.

Matt Read

Jul 24, 2017, 5:44:24 AM7/24/17
to draw.io
Cool. Have voted. I also came across the following stackoverflow post which asked the question for google fonts a year ago - https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/93450/how-to-use-google-font-in-draw-io/98874

Anyway - Thanks for putting in the feature request. Obviously the enhancement would mean any custom fonts used by the user wouldn't have to be installed on every single  computer they use their draw.io project on, which would be really useful functionality.

I suspect most users are satisfied with the built in fonts, but it would be a cool addition when you're covering attention to detail :-)

Thanks,

Matt