what is the IDE for Classic ASP

Pete

Sep 18, 2008, 12:32:51 AM9/18/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
I am new to ASP classic. I have never used it. What is the best IDE to
run asp pages?
Is it possible to run ASP page in Visual Studio. Which version of
visual studio do I have to install? If there is some other IDE please
do let me know. Since I have the habit of using Visual Studio.Net is
it possible to run Classic asp pages in Visual Studio.net.. What are
the changes do I have to make? I tried changing some of the settings
in Visual Studio.net but did not worked.

I would be greatly obliged if someone would give me this information.
Pete

CK

Sep 19, 2008, 3:23:44 AM9/19/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
basically, don't. Use ASP.Net

Rocky

Sep 19, 2008, 9:23:36 AM9/19/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
I have to agree with CK, go on the net and download a free copy of
visual web developer to do your webpages. I work with ASP classic in
some of our applications and believe me is would be better for the
free world if you left that crap alone. Also visual web developer and
the .NET frameworks are FREE!!!!

piratepops

Sep 19, 2008, 9:09:38 AM9/19/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
Back in the day, before .NET was an option, most developers I knew
chose one of two options:

1) Use Visual Interdev - this was part of Visual Studio 6, and while
not a great tool, did the job adequately

2) Use a programmer's editor - my favorite current one is Notepad++.
These give you color coding to help
make your code readable, but lack many IDE features such as debugging
tools.

I agree with CK that if possible, use .NET, and I don't know about
most of the viewers of this group - but as a
consultant, i work with many companies where you don't get to choose
the technology you work with - they
may be using classic ASP for a site, and the guy in charge may not
allow you to use .NET - so it's good
to know how to use some of the old technology as well.

These days, I tend to use Dreamweaver for most of my web development,
it handles ASP, .NET, and a whole
boatload of other languages natively, and there may be plugins
availble for even more.

Also, for what it's worth, Visual Studio.NET and even Web Developer
Express understand classic ASP code,
you can open them as just plain old normal files - the file
extension .asp lets the IDE know what you're working
with, and will color-code for you accordingly.

Hope this helps,
Pops

mushtaq ilyas

Sep 18, 2008, 2:31:08 PM9/18/08
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
hi pete
U can still use vs2005 to develop asp pages but since asp is a interpreted language u cant debug it in vs2005 u have to follow old
response.write method to know errors in your code .

1.you can use visual studio interdev for asp
2.you can use microsoft office frontpage to design asp
3.you can use vs2005 but frontpage is better then vs2005 because in vs3005 <% %> tags gives error and u cant view design page of asp

hope this help you if you want further assistance reply me

Take care

Chonnakarn Wongmalasith

Sep 19, 2008, 1:09:54 PM9/19/08
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
me too, because of asp.net have a lot of class that can reduce development time.
Now, I working as asp classic and asp.net  developer and when I develop asp class I've used notepad++ or editplus because it for free.

Cerebrus

Sep 21, 2008, 4:51:23 AM9/21/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
I used to write my ASP code in Microsoft Script Editor. It was
pretty !

On Sep 19, 10:09 pm, "Chonnakarn Wongmalasith" <paa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > Pete- Hide quoted text -

Hrishi R

Sep 21, 2008, 11:00:15 AM9/21/08
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Visual InterDev which comes with Visual Studio 6

shani

Sep 27, 2008, 8:04:38 AM9/27/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
is asp has any script editor like visual stdio 4 C ? which only deal
with only asp&VB .if yes . that,s name ?

shani

Sep 27, 2008, 10:38:19 PM9/27/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting

What is the difference between ASP and ASP Classic ?

Iftikhar Qamar

Sep 27, 2008, 10:41:58 PM9/27/08
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Assalam o Alakum Wa Rahmatullah,

I think for classical ASP; there is nothing better than Dream Weaver. Try that hope that it will work for you.

May Allah bless you.

--
Oh Allah bestow us Thine blessings and bestow us with what is good for
us as we know nothing what is good for us and what is bad. It's thy

keid...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2008, 6:59:35 PM9/28/08
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Notepad