Undefined control sequence?

Alastair

Apr 22, 2011, 11:38:10 AM4/22/11
to dot2tex users
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my TeX installation to TeX Live (with pgf 2.10
& dot2texi installed) and dot2tex v 2.8.7 is available on my command
line. Every time I compile the following example I get an "Undefined
control sequence" error complaining about \dottotexverbatimwrite ...
\openout@out #1 \BeforeStream \let \do ...
l.6 \begin{dot2tex}[neato,mathmode]

Here's my file.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{dot2texi}
\usepackage{tikz}
\usetikzlibrary{shapes,arrows}
\begin{document}
\begin{dot2tex}[neato,tikz,mathmode]
digraph G { node [shape="circle"]; a_1 -> a_2 -> a_3 -> a_4 -> a_1; }
\end{dot2tex}
\end{document}

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,
Alastair

Jonathan

May 4, 2011, 8:24:53 AM5/4/11
to dot2tex users
Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue on a clean, full TeXLive
installation.
The exact errors look like this:
Opening dot2tex stream search-dot2tex-fig1.dot
! Undefined control sequence.
\verbatim@processline ...ate \write \verbatim@out
{\the
\verbatim@line }
l.66 digraph G {

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
{
l.66 digraph G {

! Undefined control sequence.
\verbatim@processline ...ate \write \verbatim@out
{\the
\verbatim@line }
l.67 node[shape="box"];

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
{
l.67 node[shape="box"];

! Undefined control sequence.
\verbatim@processline ...ate \write \verbatim@out
{\the
\verbatim@line }
l.68 all->vlees;

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
{
l.68 all->vlees;

! Undefined control sequence.
\verbatim@processline ...ate \write \verbatim@out
{\the
\verbatim@line }
l.69 all->zoet;

! Missing number, treated as zero.

I am compiling with xelatex, but pdflatex produces the same error.

$ xelatex --version
XeTeX 3.1415926-2.2-0.9997.4 (TeX Live 2010)
kpathsea version 6.0.0
Copyright 2010 SIL International and Jonathan Kew.
There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the XeTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the XeTeX source.
Primary author of XeTeX: Jonathan Kew.
Compiled with ICU version 4.4 [with modifications for XeTeX]
Compiled with zlib version 1.2.3; using 1.2.3
Compiled with FreeType2 version 2.3.11; using 2.3.11
Compiled with fontconfig version 2.7.3; using 2.8.0
Compiled with libpng version 1.2.40; using 1.2.40
Compiled with xpdf version 3.02pl4

Output looks fine, but it is impossible for dot2texi to generate a lot
of
graphs because of the limit of 100 errors in a latex document.

! Undefined control sequence.
\verbatim@processline ...ate \write \verbatim@out
{\the
\verbatim@line }
l.114 \end{dot2tex}

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
{
l.114 \end{dot2tex}

(That makes 100 errors; please try again.)
No pages of output.

Jonathan

Jonathan

May 4, 2011, 10:16:15 AM5/4/11
to dot2tex users
I just managed to install dot2tex and dot2texi on my windows computer.
No errors occur while processing the very same file.

Jonathan

May 4, 2011, 10:17:19 AM5/4/11
to dot2tex users
Sorry for the spam...
I forgot to say that on my windows computer I use MikTex instead of
TexLive.

Alastair

May 4, 2011, 10:31:14 AM5/4/11
to dot2tex users
I think it's something to do with a recent update to the moreverb
package. If I roll back to the previous version then I can compile the
example without any problems.

Kjell Magne Fauske

May 5, 2011, 2:01:29 AM5/5/11
to dot2te...@googlegroups.com
> --

As Alastair pointed out, something must have changed in the moreverb
package. I will investigate this. Looks like an internal macro has
been redefined.

- Kjell Magne

Kjell Magne Fauske

May 5, 2011, 1:52:31 PM5/5/11
to dot2te...@googlegroups.com

I received this report from a user:

---
Hello Kjell,

it seems to be a bug in "dot2texi.sty" (2008/05/07 v3.0). If I try the
example from the dot2tex web site I get the error

! Undefined control sequence.
\dottotexverbatimwrite ... \openout \verbatim@out

#1 \BeforeStream \let \do ...

The reason is that "moreverb" no more defines \verbatim@out in general. The line

\@ifundefined{verbatim@out}{\newwrite\verbatim@out}{}%

inside of your package solve the problem.
---
I will update dot2texi.sty soon. If you can't wait you can try the above fix.

- Kjell Magne