Will socketplane be integrated in docker?

陈星宇

Mar 9, 2015, 4:03:26 AM3/9/15
to docke...@googlegroups.com
Now I use powerstrip and socketplane to provide multi-host docker containers network communication.
 And I want to use it along with kubernetes. As the socketplane has been acquired by docker,I was wonderring if it can be simply used without powerstrip?

Madhu Venugopal

Mar 10, 2015, 8:11:38 AM3/10/15
to docke...@googlegroups.com

Docker plugin architecture is more fundamental to the platform and there has been significant community interest in that.
Work is underway to enable such a plugin architecture and Networking will be part of that.

From a networking standpoint, there has been a significant interest and discussion around https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/9983.
We are working on enhancing this proposal based on community feedback and use-cases.

This proposal, in combination with the Plugin architecture will provide a powerful way to extend Docker's Networking functionality.
This will enable the community to develop rich set of plugins to address various use-cases.
Pls look for updates to #9983 in the next few days.

-Madhu

陈星宇

Mar 10, 2015, 9:51:42 PM3/10/15
to docke...@googlegroups.com
ok thx

在 2015年3月10日星期二 UTC+8下午8:11:38,Madhu Venugopal写道: