Issue: Authorization is required to perform that action.

Guillermo Hernández

Jan 18, 2018, 4:45:04 PM1/18/18
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Barely I opened the add-on, the script is returning an error:

ScriptError: Authorization is required to perform that action.

All permissions were allowed on the instalation.
DocVariables-ScriptError-Evidence.png

Matthijs Collard

Jan 24, 2018, 11:22:10 AM1/24/18
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
I had the same issue but I was logged in with different Google accounts. So I created a new document from the template, but I was using it with another account. I signed out with one account and started over and the error did not occur. This might be your problem too.

ju...@goat.digital

Mar 27, 2018, 1:25:47 AM3/27/18
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
I also just got hit with the same problem, changing accounts or doc sharing settings doesnt work.
Im stuck.

Jesse McCabe

Apr 4, 2018, 10:57:20 AM4/4/18
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
That is odd.  The error is a pass through from Google: the script is attempting to make a change to a document that your account does not have rights to edit.  There isn't much I can do from the script side to fix it, but I will see what I can do to recreate it using multiple accounts and then I'll write up some steps to fix, and add them to the add-on when it does occur.

Bob Hyman

Apr 25, 2018, 9:48:32 AM4/25/18
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
As a workaround, try logging out of all google accounts, closing all browser tabs, then reopening just one browser on the slides.  Worked for me!

I think it is some Google botch managing multiple sessions with different users.