manage.py deprecation message for model/sql arguments

Steve Sawyer

Nov 21, 2013, 10:56:57 AM11/21/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Working my way through the Django tutorial (running Python 3.3 and Django 1.6), and when I run manage.py with any of the model arguments (validate/sqlcustom/sqlclear/sqlall etc.) the output seems to be what the tutorial leads me to expect, but I'm getting this message:

C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\win32\lib\pywintypes.py:39: DeprecationWarning: imp.get_suffixes() is deprecated; use the constants defined on importlib.machinery instead

Is this something that requires some corrective action on my part? Is this an indicator that something is NOT working properly, or MAY NOT work properly in some of these processes?

Thanks.

tim

Nov 21, 2013, 11:54:36 AM11/21/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
It looks like an issue with pywintypes, not Django. A deprecation warning means some code needs to update itself in order to work with future versions of some other code. In this case, it looks to me like pywintypes is using some functionality that will probably be removed in a future version of Python.

Steve Sawyer

Nov 21, 2013, 3:06:38 PM11/21/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, tim, but it looks like the message says "is deprecated" rather than "will be deprecated" - unless this is just how these warnings are worded.
Message has been deleted